Left so much different than right! Is this normal for one to drop so much quickly than the other?! (photos)

I had my surgery on 10/10. My right breast has ALREADY dropped and fluffed. My left, though.. it doesn't seem to be changing. 

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Left so much different than right! Is this normal for one to drop so much quickly than the other?!

Thank you for your question.  Your breast augmentation result looks excellent.  Your so early in recovery it is impossible to expect that both implants will drop at the same time.  Expect it will take 3 months for the implants to reach their final position.  It is very common for 1 breast to drop quicker than the other usually side of your dominant hand drops quicker.

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

It appears that you are very early in recovery.   should expect the skin to soften and the implant to settle at about three months after surgery.

Best of Luck!!

Concerns after Breast Augmentation

TiffaneyAnn.      I understand your concerns, but it is way too early to worry. Your photos demonstrate a nice early result without signs of problems. Stay in contact with your surgeon and try to be patient. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend consulting with your surgeon so they can perform a physical examination. It appears you are still early in your recovery period and while there is swelling present, the breasts may appear uneven. Over the next 6-8 weeks the swelling should begin to resolve and the breasts will start to drop into their pockets and appear more natural and symmetrical. Everyone heals at different rates and one side may heal quicker than the other. I would wait until you are at least 6 months post op to make a final judgement on the symmetry of your breasts. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Good early result

it appears you are healing very well for such an early post-op picture. You look fairly symmetric right to left, yes one implant needs to settle some more, but you are ONLY 11 days post-op, relax, listen to your surgeons post-op instructions and things will continue to improve. 

Breast augmentation recovery

It is expected that the breasts will heal at different rates.  Think of them as sisters, not twins.  It will take about 6 months before you can assess your final look. Based on your photos you appear to be healing appropriately. I know it is hard to be patient, but that along with following your surgeon's advice is what is needed.

Camille Cash, MD