Indentation on left side of hip after tummy tuck. Is revision needed? Is this the result of poor work? Will it go away? (Photo)

I had a tummy tuck nearly 3 weeks ago and since day one I had this huge line on my left side (indentation) and a smaller line or indentation on the right. It appears that my right side is filling out quite well but my left side still looks the same. I'm getting worried and slightly depressed over it. I've spent so much money on this procedure. It's hard not to compare your results to others. Will this go away? It's pretty deep. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Indentation on left side of hip after tummy tuck. Is revision needed? Is this the result of poor work? Will it go away?

Swelling can always obscure contours early in the recovery period.  It is always best to ask these questions of your chosen surgeon as recommendations may be different.

Indentation 2 Weeks After Tummy Tuck

Thank you for posting your post op tummy tuck photos with your question. It appears that you have some asymmetry post op; however, after only 2 weeks, this may be attributed to post operative swelling. I recommend that you continue to follow up with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that performed your procedure. Best wishes. Dr. Richard Swift

Tummy Tuck

You are right about the difference in the two sides.  I still think it is too early to judge the final outcome.  Be careful with how you wear your garments/dressings/drains.  Keep your appointments with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and follow their instructions.  Good luck with your recovery!

Saira Saini, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck results

It has only been about three weeks since your procedure which is much too early to make a determination about your final result. I understand your eagerness to see the final result, however you need to be patient and allow things to heal.  Sometimes the compression garment can leave skin folds and indentations that appear unnatural  if worn excessively tight.   Things will typically smooth out over time. Follow your surgeons instructions. Best wishes to you!

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Time

wear your compression garment 24/7, the lines could be from this or could just be from the flap being inset, either way, things should continue to improve with time. Your stomach appears nice and flat. Don't be depressed, follow your surgeons instructions and things should heal well. 

3 weeks after Tummy Tuck

Good Question! Positive is your tummy is FLAT and looks great! Are you wearing a compression wrap or abdominal binder 24/7? This could be causing your indentions? I have all of my patients wear a very tight abdominal binder for three weeks full time- and the areas where the binder goes in can cause this sometimes. Give your body a full 3 months to completely heal and see how your indentions are after that. Hopefully the more you heal the better they will look! Good luck!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon