I was told I would need a cresent lift along with my breast augmentation that I'm choosing to do. Any advice? (Photo)

Is a cresent lift right for me? I'm worried that it will leave a horrible scar with no benefit?I clearly have asymmetrical breasts with my Ariola being larger on my right breast and nipple sits approximately 2 cm lower than my other nipple which bothers me. I do not feel that I need a full lift I am 28 years old with two children and I am done having children so I am looking forward to breast augmentation I just want to make sure I pick the right choice for me with good results thank you for any input!!

Crescent Lift with Breast Augmentation?

All of your concerns are completely correct. The Crescent Lift is a worthless operation and was long ago abandoned by most thoughtful surgeons. It does nothing to lift your breast tissues and has minimal benefit in elevating your nipple position while at the same time elongating your areola and frequently producing a wide and unattractive scar. 
You are starting from a difficult place and achieving an attractive long lasting outcome may take more work than you imagine. Not only are your breasts asymmetric in terms of size, position, and areolar diameter, but they are positioned very far lateral on your chest wall with quite a wide space between your breasts. In addition, you have a good deal of excess lateral fullness in your right breast which will likely become more noticeable with just an augmentation. For you the question will be how much you are willing to do to achieve the best possible outcome.
My recommendation would be to have a smaller version of a full or anchor type lift with the goal being not only to elevate your nipple and breast tissue (particularly on the right), but to move your breast tissue more medial to achieve a better breast shape, narrow the wide space between your breasts, and reduce the size of your areola. Once a better breast shape and position has been established you can go ahead with an augmentation at a second stage and have a greater range of implant choices. Be aware that high profile implants are generally a poor choice in patients with a wide space between their breasts because they tend to accentuate that problem.

I don't like crescent lifts

I don't think they have any power or longevity.  I think you may have more going on with some asymmetry in your folds that needs to be addressed and taken into consideration.  You may be a great case of just doing a breast augmentation and waiting a couple months to see what type of lift would do you best.  If you place an implant and then try to do a periareolar or "Benelli" lift, you have competing forces- the implant is stretching the nipple areolar complex and the lift is trying to tighten and make it smaller.  I do not like using permanent suture around the areolar, but that is some surgeon's solution (or proposed solution).  I rarely stage these surgeries, but you might be one case that might be a good idea.  Hope this helps.
-JGH

What is the best choice for correcting asymmetric breasts along with augmentation

You should get a nice result with breast augmentation, but a crescent lift on the right breast will be insufficient. A circumareolar lift will still avoid a vertical scar, and will give a much better result, but for complete correction, a vertical scar ( lollipop) would be necessary.  However, partial correction for many people would be acceptable to avoid the vertical scar. I would not recommend a crescent lift: the areola size will not be corrected, and the lift would be minimal.

I was told I would need a cresent lift along with my breast augmentation that I'm choosing to do. Any advice?

I agree that the only way to address the areolar asymmetry is to do some kind of lift.  I also agree that depending on the implant size that you select, a full lift will probably not be necessary.  Your breasts are asymmetric enough that two different sized implants are likely to be needed to make them look as even as possible.  With so many variables in play, I recommend 3D digital imaging to plan and provide you with a realistic simulation of the results.  

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Crescent lift?

From the photo you provided I would recommend at least a peri-areolar lift or a lollipop lift in order to get symmetry.   A crescent lift will not be enough to correct the asymmetry.  I think you will be disappointed if you choose a procedure that doesn't give you the result you were hoping for in order to avoid a scar.  I suggest you find a board certified plastic surgeon who can go over the options with you and let you know exactly what to expect if a certain type of lift is performed.  Best wishes!

Maida Parkins, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Crescent lift

Your concerns are very valid. A crescent  lift is a very inadequate operation. The correct procedure for adjustment of your right side is a doughnut or Benelli  lift with a permanent suture in the  deep layer to hold it in place.  This is a procedure I have relied on for more than 20 years. It will adjust the discrepancy that you have.  Your best bet is to have a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is very experienced in breast surgery

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

I was told I would need a crescent lift along with my breast augmentation that I choosing to do. Any advice?

To achieve better symmetry and  a more aesthetic right breast, I believe you would be best served with a breast lift along with the augmentation.  Although, a circumareolar (donut) lift or vertical (lollipop) lift will probably give you a better result than a crescent lift, they will result in added scars.  Discuss all these options with your surgeon and heed their advice.  I am certain you and your surgeon will pick an option which is in your best interest.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast lift and implants

Dear Katief28,
One of the more difficult operations in plastic surgery is a breast augmentation combined with a breast lift.  Throw in significant asymmetry in size, nipple/areolar position, and areolar diameter and the operation becomes even more difficult.  Your best shot at obtaining symmetry would be a full lift on the larger breast and an areolar reduction on the smaller breast with implants.  Good luck!

Crescent lift

Thanks for your question and photo.  Your picture demonstrates breast volume asymmetry as well as areolar asymmetry both in diameter and position.  I do not think that a crescent lift would be adequate to correct your asymmetry.  Although crescent excisions can be helpful in correcting minor nipple asymmetry, I believe that it would not provide enough correction.  You would do better with a full periareolar mastopexy or a vertical mastopexy.  I appreciate that you want to avoid scars, but if a more aggressive lift is needed to achieve the desired shape and appearance, trying to "get away" with a lesser procedure usually results in a less than ideal outcome. Getting a few opinions from board certified plastic surgeons with experience in breast asymmetry may be helpful.  Best Regards.