I just had my Breast implants done with the silicone and one nipple is upper then the other. Is that normal?

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. Right now, if you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

One nipple higher than the other

Hard to answer this without your preop pics/measurements since pre-existing asymmetries remain after surgery. You are also early in your healing process so best to give your body adequate time to heal to allow the swelling to resolve and to let the implants drop and settle some. Good luck!!

It is possible that one nipple sat higher than the other originally. However, you are still early in the healing process and need to give yourself time for the swelling to subside and the implants settle. Please discuss any concerns you have with your surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for your question. Early (less than 3 months) asymmetry is normal and usually improves over time as swelling occurs and the breast implants settle down and stretch your skin. Congratulation on your new breast implants! Best, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

Implants and nipple position

I can not really comment without seeing photos. In general, implants magnify differences between the two breasts.  If concerned, check with your surgeon.

I just had my Breast implants done with the silicone and one nipple is upper then the other. Is that normal

Thank you for your question.  Depending on any starting asymmetries, or differences in implant sizing, it is not uncommon for your breasts to have some asymmetries during the healing process.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination or full series of photographs allow your results 6 months to mature as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then.  Your surgeon should be able to provide you with reassurance on your results during your postoperative appointments.  Hope that this helps.