I am 2.5 weeks post op and still developing new bruising. I'm curious if this is normal? (Photo)

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.

Breast Augmentation

Most likely just the post-op bruising that is resolving and should improve significantly.  I would discuss with your Plastic Surgeon because they can best explain their technique to you.  Good luck!

Saira Saini, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Breast bruising

Thanks for your qiestion and the photo.
The bruising appears normal and in the healing phase.  Gravity causes the blood to go to the bottom and then spreads inferiorly throughout the skin and soft tissue as it gets absorbed.It should resolve in the next few weeks.  Best of luck

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Postoperative bruising.

Your bruising seems to be in the tissue of your left lower chest and upper abdomen. This appears to be bruising that is old and migrating downward. I would expect it to resolve within the next 2 weeks. Good luck

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Bruising

The colour of your bruising suggests that it is old/resolving. Gravity will often shift bruising downward a bit as it resolves. If you note new pain/swelling/bruising let your Plastic Surgeon know.
All the best

This looks like bruising which is temporary. It does migrate with the effect of gravity and sometimes , a little tenderness migrates with it  even though the surgical sites are relatively distant. You should be fine in another week or so.

Thank you for the question and the photo. Is that unusual to have bruising that can persist for 2 to 4 weeks. It should resolve with time.  I would advise you to have an examination by your board-certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

I am 2.5 weeks post op and still developing new bruising. I'm curious if this is normal?

From the pictures, it appears that the bruising is resolving, hence the green to yellow color to the bruise.Gravity will take the bruise down, towards your feet. Make sure you consult with your surgeon and get examined soon. 

Kenneth Bermudez, MD

Breast augmentation

Yes, this is normal. Bruising will run down your body. The blood responds to gravity. It has a bit of a green tinge, which means that it is breaking down and resorbing. Everybody heals differently. This is not outside the bounds of normal at all. That being said, if your friend had the same operation, she may not have any bruising, or she may have more. 

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after surgery

Thanks for your inquiry.  Each person heals differently and bruising in particular can be person to person specific  Sometimes bruises that are deeper become more visible with time as the blood breaks down into the skin. I suggest you visit your plastic surgeon to be examined and make sure you recovering as expected.