High profile or moderate plus? (Photo)

My surgery is December first with a very qualified, board certified plastic Surgeon. We discussed 450 HP implants to give my breast the upper pole fullness that was lost due to breastfeeding 5 kids. I want round, full breasts- my fear is wide set breasts...is HP implants going to help me achieve my goals or is Moderate Plus a better option? I am 5'4" 115 pounds 34A

Which implant to choose?

From your pictures, i would probably recommend a high profile implant. However, many factors go into implant selection,and i dont believe most patients have enough information to intelligently make these choices. I recommend selecting a surgeon you trust, communicating to him what you want your breasts to look like, and trust him to make the proper selection.

Silicone implants, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In this regard, I recommend you, to use a microtexturized highly cohesive silicone implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and volumes between 400ml-500ml to fill the breasts properly. 

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Implants

In order for you to be properly sized, you would need to be seen in person first. Best of luck.......

Moderate Plus versus High Profile Mentor Breast Implants

Dear kgray1,

Most likely either one of these implant profiles will give you a great result.  If you prefer cleavage, then the MPP is probably a better choice.  Good luck!

High or Moderate Profile Implants?

The size and style implant that will most closely help you achieve your desired result after breast augmentation depends on several factors, including the width of your chest, the width of your breasts, the space between your breasts, the amount of breast tissue that you have, and the elastic properties of your breasts.  Those factors and more should have been considered when you were evaluated by your surgeon in order for him or her to decide on the style and size implant that was suggested.  In general, if two implants have similar volumes, a high profile implant will provide more upper pole fullness but have a narrower base diameter than a moderate or moderate plus implant.  If you are having second thoughts I suggest re-discussing your concerns with your surgeon so that both of you can be on the same page before surgery.

Isaac Starker, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Wide set breasts

Your goal breasts are not attainable in my opinion, as you have picked someone who looks like she has not had children and had small skin envelopes.  Have your plastic surgeon show you photos of women who have your deflated breasts. That may be the best conversation starter.  Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon