Am a good candidate for a Facelift? Or face grafting? (photos)

Hello im a 27 and i want to know if im a good candidate for a facelift o fat grafting? i want to look better but i don't want be very obviously at first view i lost a lot weight during breastfeeding and my face look practically has a skull first my nasolabial folds and then my cheeks are flats and what kind of treatment would you recommend and how much would you charge me? I know it's only an estimate it can be more or less but I want to be ready economically speaking

You do not need a facelift. You look wonderful, and you do not need any procedures, and DO NOT LET ANYONE INJECT FAT INTO YOUR FACE.

Face lift at 27?

Thank you for asking about your face lift or fat grafting.

• First you are lovely - important to remember when you have had a baby and been breast feeding.
  • If you lost a lot of weight -are you returning to your normal weight now?
  • If so, your weight gain is probably all you need.
  • If you can't gain weight, then perhaps some filler in the areas where you lost weight.
  • You do not need a face lift - 
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Too young for a lift

Dear blancasinaloa-
Realize we cannot give medical advice over the web.  However, having said that, photos are always hard to interpret.  You but certainly do not appear to be a candidate for a surgical procedure. If you are concerned about volume loss, a little filler may work (in the office).

Sam Most, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Only treatment recommended would be filler in the tear trough.

I see no indication for anything except perhaps a bit of filler in the tear trough. You certainly do not need a facelift.

No face lift

Depending on where you desire volume a small amount of fat or filler may be all you need. In no way would you benefit from a facelift. Please be cautious and seek a board certified plastic surgeon.

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Deep tear troughs at age 30 and dark circles: what can be done? #Fillers? #fatgrafting You do not need a #facelift

Thank you for your question and pictures.

You do not need a facelift.  I do see some lack of volume under your eyes called the tear troughs.  Fillers such as restylane of juvederm volbella would work there by replenishing the volume and alleviating the troughs.  You might need 3ml of fillers so approximately 2100 to 2400 CANADIAN$, depending on the chosen products.

If you want something more permanent, fat grafting is another options, and could cost anything between 4000-6500 CANADIAN$.

Both techniques have their pros and cons so visit a few plastic surgeons and discuss your concerns.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Dr. Marc DuPere, Toronto Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon

Marc DuPere, MD

How to know if you're a good candidate for a Facelift

Thank you very much for your question and photographs. You clearly are not a candidate for a facelift procedure at your age. You may benefit form the addition of some volume to your face, and I would recommend that you try this with simple fillers before considering fat grafting. An in-person consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon can address your concerns and help you determine which procedure would be most beneficial to achieve your goals.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Facelift or fat grafting at 27?

Thank you for including the photographs!  If you are losing some of the fullness in your face due to weight loss after having a baby--front of cheeks, nasolabial folds, lid-cheek junction, and temples--you should consider some injectable fillers performed conservatively.  This likely will replace the volume you have lost and improve the appearance of sagging in these areas.  Good choices would include Radiesse or Voluma for the cheeks and Belotero for the lower eyelid region.  Juvederm, Restylane, or Sculptra would all work well in the temples, but Sculptra would certainly last longer than either of the other two.  I would not offer you any kind of facelift, and would only consider fat grafting after the successful use of fillers.  You are really young and beautiful.  Best wishes as you explore these options!   

Thanks for your question and photos. Based on the photos, you are not a good candidate for a facelift. You may want to think about fillers in the tear trough area.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Am I a candidate for facelift and fat grafting?

Hi Blanca, you look very nice. From the pictures that you have provided, you would not benefit from a facelift. It would be exceedingly unusual for a 27 year old to benefit from a facelift procedure. I would start with something very simple like Restylane in the tear trough region in order to blend the eyelid with the cheek.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon