Do I need a full tummy tuck? Mini? Liposuction? (Photo)

I am 5'1, my weight is always between 115-120. I have had 4 csections, the last 2.5 years ago. I am 31 and want my stomach to look better. Flatter and a little smoother. I am just not sure what I am looking at procedure wise.

Full TT is the answer

Based on your photos, liposuction won't work because you have too much loose skin and a miniTT won't either because you have issues above the belly button. A full TT would give the best result. Please only go to the best plastic surgeons and get an in person consultation.

Tummy tuck with Liposuction

Thanks for providing photos from many different angles, this is helpful. It seems based on your loose skin and past history with c-sections that you would be a great candidate for a tummy tuck, possibly also with liposuction for additional sculpting and smooth contour. A mini tummy tuck may leave you disappointed. Based on just your photos, I would not recommend liposuction alone. The important thing is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, preferably one who is also a member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons). I am very happy to help answer your questions and wish you all the best.

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Full vs mini tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures.  You seem to be a very good candidate for a lateral tension abdominoplasty tummy tuck procedure. Few patients are good candidates for a mini tummy tuck, in your case, it would not give you an ideal result. You would need to have a consultation for precise recommendations of course.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Full tummy tuck

Based on these photographs you are an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction.

Mini vs full tuck vs lipo

Thanks for your question.  The best procedure depends to some extend on your goals for the outcome.  If you are mainly trying to fix the small overhang of loose skin on the lower abdomen a mini tuck might be enough.  However, if you want to tighten the upper abdomen and make the belly button more defined, a full tuck would be needed.  A plastic surgeon can tell you about the risks, benefits and healing time involved with the procedures.

Fix my tummy please

Hello and thank you for your question. You are an ideal candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction as needed. Because you already have an excellent shape your results performed by a competent plastic surgeon should be superior.
Peter Fisher M.D. 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a full tummy tuck? Mini? Liposuction?

I think a traditional full abdominoplasty and not a mini is your best option. I do not think liposuction alone will leave you with a desired result as the skin will look even looser than it does now.

Julio Garcia, MD

You want the best

For the best result, you would need a full abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).   It would allow skin removal and tightening, some liposuction and muscle tightening.   Please seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area. 

Richard P. Rizzuti, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Full or mini tummy tuck

Based on the photos, you would benefit from a full tummy tuck with liposuction. Be sure to find and visit a board certified plastic surgeon who performs at least 100 of these procedures per year, look at before and after photos, etc.

German Newall, MD

Full Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question and photos.  You need a full tummy tuck.  You have loose skin.  Liposuction will not tighten the skin at all - in fact it might cause more looseness in your case.  A mini tummy tuck will only address the skin below your belly button.  It will not flatten your upper abdomen and it won't repair the abdominal muscles that have loosened as a result of your pregnancies.  A full tummy tuck will tighten the abdominal muscles and get rid of all the excess skin.  At your size, you should have a very nice result!  Best wishes.

Andrew Jimerson, MD