Follow-up Question: Explant, lift, possible implant all at once?

36 DD now , I am wanting to replace my saline implants(375) ,no issues with implants but they are 17 years old and I have had 3 kids since,20 lbs heavier then and I want to be smaller and they are BIG and droopy. I know I need a lift now and may or may not have enough breast tissue( when I get mammograms I have been told I have quite a bit of breast tissue) to do a just a lift if not will get a lift and small implant... Can the PS do a explant,lift and possible new implants in one surgery?

Thank you for the question. In my practice, I individualize the surgical plan based on the patient's physical examination and goals.  As you can imagine, every patient starts at a different place, when it comes to breast position and anatomic characteristics (such as skin   elasticity...).  Sometimes, depending on the patient's anatomic starting point and desired outcome, a two-stage procedure is a safer way to proceed.

Best to seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate lots of examples helping patients with this type of revisionary breast surgery. Communicate your goals carefully as well. Working together you will come up with a good plan to safely achieve an outcome that you will be pleased.

Can I have a lift with implant exchange ?

Thank you for your question.  Yes, you can absolutely have that done at one time , it is very commonly performed together.  I recommend silicone implants , especially form stable.  Meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Chad Robbins, MD

Mastopexy

Yes, any surgeon should be able to do this, but from what you have said, you may want to just take the implants out and do a lift, without new implants.

Good luck,

Greg Sexton, MD

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon