Concerned about hematoma? (Photos)

I had my surgery 6 days ago (October 10th). My right breast has dropped a lot faster than my left but it also feels a lot larger. It's very tight. My surgeon said at my post op that the right was a little more difficult to place the implant. It was more painful than the left. Today, I am noticing yellow pigment along the bottom. Does this look normal? Is it just bruising? The top picture is 3 days post op. Bottom is today. I have also given picture yellow pigment.

6 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

Its too early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Breast hematoma

Thank you for your question. it is important that you be evaluated by your surgeon to determine if you have a hematoma .Usually the Breast is larger , there is more upper pole fullness , tightness and pressure and some times pain can radiate into the arm . Looking at your photos it doesn't appear to be a hematoma but you need to talk to and be evaluated by your surgeon . 

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Concerned about a hematoma

Thank you for sharing your questions and photos. If there a noticeable size difference and substantial pain, than you should be seen, in person, by your plastic surgeon to assess for a hematoma. From the looks of the photos, there does not seem to be one as it is difficult to tell, but this determination can only be made after an in person exam.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Concerned about hematoma after breast augmentation?

Thank you for your question and photo.  Whenever you have a concern about a hematoma after breast augmentation you must be examined by her plastic surgeon in person.  Please do not follow Internet advice.

Based on your photos in description hematomas unlikely but he must see your plastic surgeon.

Bruising

Some bruising is normal and your tissue has some changes in color that reflect that. It does not look like a hematoma.  Best of luck.

Does not look like a hematoma

With hematomas, the breast is typically a little more black and blue with a noticeable size discrepancy.  A little bit of soft tissue staining particularly in the IMF, is normal.  As others have stated, its a little early to be making aesthetic assessments.  Good luck.  

Concerned about hematoma?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Though your pictures do not demonstrate a hematoma, this is a diagnosis best determined through an in-person examination with your surgeon.  The light degree of bruising in your pictures is not atypical following an augmentation and should clear within a matter of days.  Hope this helps.

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling? Hematoma?

Thank you for your question and photos. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. While the yellow discoloration is most likely due to bruising, I suggest discussing your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.