Breast Fat Transfer or Implants? 28 Y/O female, no kids but wants kids in the future. 5'5 128 lbs

MUCH rather do breast fat transfer but need to know what is realistic for my goals. I had lipo on my outer thighs and inner knees 1 year ago, & have maintained weight. My plan would be to have lipo on my inner thighs and knees again (inner/outer/behind/above..wherever the doctor can take it out as I think there is still some there), and have it transferred to my breasts for natural look. I have attached pictures my goal for my breasts as well as pictures of my current body. Please advise!

Fat transfer breast augmentation

Dear Crzychick,
Are you crazy?  You have a beautiful body and breasts and no fat available, or at least no appreciable amount of fat, for transfer to your breasts.  Please accept your beautiful body as it is and live your life.  Good luck!

It doesn't appear from your photos that you have enough donor fat for transfer to the breast. Repeat liposuction in the same areas can lead to increased chance for surface irregularities. Also, you can only increase your breast size by ~150cc with fat transfer. Your wish photos are more than 150cc larger than your breasts. You are a great candidate for breast implants if you are open to that. You can have a small anatomic shaped implant placed to maintain a natural look.

Breast Fat Transfer or Implants?

Thank you for your question.  Breast implants will typically provide a more predictable result than fat transfer, especially since a good portion of the fat will atrophy and resorb.  Also, you probably don't have enough fat for transfer.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast fat transfer - setting expectations

Unfortunately, the goal that you have identified is not likely obtainable with a fat transfer procedure. In addition, I would recommend that you avoid further liposuction, as the risks of any such procedure probably out-weigh any potential benefit.

Owen Reid, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer vs. Implants for breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and for including pictures. While fat transfer is an option, the amount of donor fat you have may be limited and then after transfer you should expect a 20-30% loss of volume after some absorption. I think that you would get a better, more reliable result with the use of a small, shaped gummy bear implant. This gives the breast a very natural shape and feel. I recommend talking with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with shaped implants. Best of luck. 

Patrick L. Basile, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Fat Augmentation

Breast fat augmentation is ideal for women interested in improving their shape as apposed to achieving large increases in volume.  Roughly 60% of transplanted fat survives.  The innerl thighs of a thin woman typically produce a modest amount of fat.  Repeat procedures on the knees yield little fat for transfer. Please consult with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in person prior to making treatment decisions.They will be best suited to give you the best answer to your question.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Possible if get fat from waist and abdomen

You have beautiful breast and body and one option would be to do nothing. The main issue in your case is the limited available fat for harvesting. The pictures show minimal fat over the thighs and need to harvest fat from the waist area. The best case would be to get 100 cc for each breast and use it for upper pole and cleavage.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breasts

Based on your goal pictures, I would recommend not doing anything because your breasts pretty much look like your goal pictures. Based on your pictures, I am not sure you will be happy with the look of an implant.  And, you really do not have enough fat for augmentation of the breasts.  You are beautiful.  Best wishes. 

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon