Another banana roll nightmare! (photo)

Ok so I know this area is very hard to treat. I'm physically active everyday working out eatting clean figured maybe if I squatted more lunged more I could see some change. However I feel like the roll has deepened where the crease is on my inner thighs there is a roll lf fat that just refuses to budge!! Is there a safe way to treat this without it make the tush fall? This makes it impossible to find and wear any shorts what so ever bc this crease just wants to eat everything drives me nuts.

Another banana roll nightmare!

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Banana roll - liposuction or not?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • This is a real dilemma -
  • A careful, small cannula liposuction to reduce the banana roll a bit will will avoid the buttocks falling
  • But removing the roll will make the buttocks will fall.
  • One option - careful liposuction + release of the indentation below the roll
  • This will smooth the transition from roll to upper thigh. Fat injections in the indentation may help too.
  • The seciond option is aggressive liposuction with a buttock lift at the same time.
  • I would prefer the first option, if it were me.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS