What can I take after tummy tuck?

I'm getting a tummy tuck overseas and local law prohibits the doctors from prescribing narcotics. What can I take after surgery to help with the pain?

What can I take after tummy tuck?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and concerns.

The ideal person to answer this question is the plastic surgeon that you have chosen. This according to your conditions will provide you with pain killers that you will need and which might be affordable where you live.
Therefore, the plastic surgeon you choose must be certified by the relevant organizations of his country and international institutions.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Dr. Derby Sang

i suggest to talk to your PS about all your concerns, he is the best person to talk to for this type of questions because he already know your health/medical records.

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy tuck

You are probably better off having a tummy tuck close to home so that you can get the appropriate post-op care both early and late post-op.

What can I take after tummy tuck?

Your surgeon is the best person to answer your question.  Having surgery overseas can create many problems, the least of which is what medicine you can take.   I hope you have thought through all the ramifications of your decision. Be prepared to travel back overseas if you have any complications. Even routine follow-up appointments are often missed due to the inconvenience of returning to your surgeon.   The fees that you pay for surgery include the routine postoperative care. If you need to be seen by a local plastic surgeon when you return home, you will be charged for those office visits. It is also a source of frustration for plastic surgeons to have to care for and manage patients who had surgery elsewhere.  I encourage you to seek some local consultations prior to making your final decision. Good luck! 

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Traveling for a tummy tuck?

Thanks for your question. Traveling out of the country when you have such great surgeons in NC does not sound like the best idea to me. Your surgeons at the location you're traveling to will be your best resource for what you can take legally with you. However, I'm not sure who would be willing to prescribe narcotics for you when they're not going to be treating you. Good luck, 

Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD