3 months post op TT. Am I still swollen or is this the final result? Is it normal to have separation bc my scar? (Photo)

Hello, I am 3 months post op tt and had an appointment with my ps- he said everything looks good, but I am not so sure. There is a bulge above my scar where it's swollen, I hope it's just swollen. There is a definite separation between my belly and my pubic. I don't know if this is normal or if my swelling will go down. I am always more swollen at night vs the morning, but not by much. What could be causing this bulge and separation? Is this my final result?

Why is my abdominoplasty incision uneven - a Shelf above?

Thank you for sharing your questions and concerns - as well as your photos.The only way to determine the appropriate answer would be to see your preoperative photos, know the exact procedure you had done, and what types of postoperative care you have had.There are multiple reasons to have an uneven levels above and below the  incision, they include:1) A fluid collection - or seroma2) Excess Fat in the upper skin flap so that the thickness of the skin and fat layer is thicker above the incision, than below.3) Liposuction was performed to the upper skin flap and it has not resolved yet

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

3 months post TT, am I still swollen?

Thank you for sharing your photographs and question.  After three months it is still very common to have residual soft tissue swelling in the area just above your incision site.  Though a discrete fluid collection can not be ruled out without an in-person examination I would recommend allowing your results more time to mature as I do not think you have reached your final outcome.  You should voice your concerns to your surgeon, and consider use of a thin compression garment, such as a Spanx, to limit your daily swelling.  Hope that this helps. 

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (3 months post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emma Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD