23yr-5'4"-200 lbs mom, blessed with 5yr(autistic) & 1yr old. Both c-section. Tubes tied, no more kids for this mom. (Photo)

I have an ongoing list of problem areas, I would love to change. The following are some; TUMMY,INNER THIGHS, TOP OUTSIDE OF VAGINA, ARMS, SIDE BOOB FAT, BREAST LIFT, BACK FAT, "HIPS".... What first steps should I take in surgery planning? What would a mommy makeover run me? Financing maybe? Or savings... :/. Want to feel confident in myself again asap. Unsure of the questions that should be ask. Honestly looking for some good insight. Please provide some info for me. Thanks, Nichole

Mommy Makeover and other options

Based on the pictures, you are likely a good candidate for all of the procedures that you mentioned. My recommendation would be to consider starting with a Mommy Makeover which basically consist of breast enhancement in whichever form is needed as well as body contouring such as abdominoplasty and liposuction of the flanks. The abdominoplasty helps with the mons pubis area (the area above the vagina) as well.
I would recommend meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon with good experience in these type of procedures to examine you and discuss the options for you specifically.

Good luck and take care,
Dr. Howell

Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

About the Mommy Makeover, the Surgery Candidate and Estimated Costs

A Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others. The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting.  

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

Every patient and their medical records are screened for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  #MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity.

The costs of a #Mommy Makeover will depend on several factors. Such include the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees.  However, many payments plans exist for cosmetic procedures. Ask your surgeon's office about finance programs and lenders they may recommend as well as personal loans available through financial institutions.

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mommy makeover

I think that your best course of action would be to prioritize what you want done. Then, schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss the best options and costs as the latter will vary depending of what procedures you choose. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Planning extensive mommy make-over - for a busy Mom

Thank you for asking about your Mommy make-over.

• I understand your wanting to be return to a better shape.
  • I suggest your making a list of the procedures in importance to you -
  • Then have a consultation with a plastic surgeon and discuss that procedure and its cost.
  • The more you have done, it more it will cost -
  • You will probably need at least two sessions of surgery - the total cost may run in the range of $30,000.
  • With two children, it is important to do what you can afford - since children can have unexpected needs.
  • This may mean get some done now, some later.
  • Financing is available through most surgeon's offices - Care Credit is a common one.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Mommy makeover list

Thank you for your questions.  It sounds like you have multiple goals on your makeover list.  Since they likely would not be done all at one session, it might be helpful to prioritize the areas that bother you the most.  You can then research surgeons in your area that specialize in those procedures, and ideally arrange a few consultations to learn about your options.  You could also call them to learn about costs and financing options.  I hope this helps to get you gong in the right direction.

William Andrade, MD

Mommy makeover

Congratulations on your family.   In your description, many areas are of concern.  Would focus the body regions which bother you the most.  It is probably not possible to address all of the areas listed during one surgical procedure.   Would find a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your possible treatment options. 

Joseph Franklin, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

23yr-5'4"-200 lbs mom, blessed with 5yr(autistic) & 1yr old. Both c-section. Tubes tied, no more kids for this mom.

Best insight is to seek a few IN PERSON examinations with boarded PSs in NC. Then you can determine a multiple surgery game plan.....

Many areas

I would recommend that you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss all your concerns. I would also suggest focusing on one of two areas that most concern you. You might want to consider liposuction for several areas.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover planning

A mommy makeover can mean different things to different women depending on their areas of concern so it is nearly impossible to give an average price for such a procedure.  As I speak with women with several areas of concern, we discuss where their priorities lie (i.e. what part do they hate the most) and which areas are wish list items that are of a lesser concern.  In a mommy makeover, I may address 2 or 3 areas of concern in one operation, but I don't think addressing all 8 areas you mentioned in one procedure would be realistic.

Many plastic surgeons offer financing to help make cosmetic procedures affordable.  Doing more than one procedure in a single operation is also typically less expensive than one at a time.

As others have mentioned, the best results from surgery will be achieved when you're at or near your ideal body weight and you maintain that weight post-op.  If you're able to lose weight prior to surgery, you'll have a better result.

Start by going in for a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, coming up with a plan for the areas you want to target first, and getting an estimate of cost as well as your financing options.

Best wishes!

Lisa J. Peters, MD

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question. The multiple areas that you have mentioned are all typical areas addressed with the mommy make over procedure. The procedure can be tailored to use specifically and correct any or all of your areas of concern. My first suggestion would be to return as close to your pre-baby weight as possible with a goal of achieving a BMI of 30 or lower. The number of areas addressed with the mommy make over procedure is often limited either by the total length of time or cost. I recommend consulting with 2 or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options before making a decision. I hope this helps. Best wishes!

Nicholas Tarola, MD