Would 14-19 days out of work be enough for a BBL?

I know everyone heals different and I've never had any type of lipo. I'm only able to get 14 to 19 days off from work will that be enough time? My job doesn't require a lot of sitting, at the most 5-10 min increments, my job is mostly walking? Have read a few reviews where ppl went back to work in 2 weeks.

Sitting is not recommended for the first two weeks after surgery.  A special BBL pillow can be used afterwards for sitting for 20 mins increments. So, in general 14-19 days off work should be sufficient especially when your work doesn't require much sitting.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

2 weeks no sitting

Usually minimizing your sitting, especially on hard surfaces, for 2 weeks is necessary.  You should be able to return to work after that if your job doesn't require a lot of sitting.

John Zannis, MD
New Bern Plastic Surgeon

BBL and recovery

I will often allow patients to go back to light duty within a week or so, just as long as they are not sitting on their buttocks. Every patient is a bit different.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Yes, you should be fine then. The longer time you can get off, the better but as long as you do not have a sedentary job where you are sitting on your buttocks for long durations of time then you should be okay to return back to work before 3 weeks post op. It is important to consult with your surgeon about their post-operative instructions though, as each surgeon has slightly different post-operative protocols. I recommend to my patients that they do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must sit for longer durations, I definitely do recommend the BBL pillow and getting up every 10-15 minutes to walk around until you are at least three weeks post op. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon