I think I may have pulled my pectoralis muscle on right side.

I was lying in bed last night and I reached over to grab my phone off the night stand. As I went to turn back around I felt the muscle on the right side of my sternum pull. Now I'm slightly swollen and tight. No significant pain, it just feels like I'm back to day one after surgery. I'm 7 days post op.

You may have pulled your pec muscle a bit.  I would use ice and rest it.  It should resolve within the next few days. I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. It is likely that you are still tender from your surgery and that no damage is done. Please see your surgeon to ensure appropriate healing. Best, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

7 Days Post Op

Hello,It is possible that you strained something but not likely that you did serious damage. I recommend that you check in with your Plastic Surgeon and certainly let them know if you note increased swelling or firmness on that side.
All the best

Muscle spasm

The muscle may be in some spasm after surgery due to the stretching with implants. If you are concerned about the muscle pain, then I would suggest seeing your surgeon.

Pulled pectoralis muscle

Thank you for your question.It is important to consult with your surgeon if you have any questions or concerns so he can examine you in person. Even though you may not be in significant pain, you are experiencing some discomfort and swelling which isn’t a good sign. Swelling is the result of fluid and white blood cells moving into the area that’s inflamed to protect it from further injury so I would definitely consult with your doctor immediately. 
Good luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Pain after surgery

Since you are so close to surgery, and now you have new symptoms, and swelling, you really should be evaluated by your surgeon.  I would call his or her office this morning to get further advice and to get evaluated.Best of luck! Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation: pulled pectoralis muscle on right side

When concerned, it's always best to check with your surgeon. I advise my patients that it is normal to have one side more tender than the other off and on for nine months and then less and less each month. It's possible to have a couple of months with nothing and then all of a sudden get a zing in that side. For anything lasting more than a minute, I advise my patients to to take an anti-inflammatory. Your body is just telling you you weren't ready for that kind of reaching, and listening to your body is a good rule of thumb. My patients who have to use their arms a lot – hairdressers, nurses etc. – return to their work duties by the end of the second week (a little sore but manageable) and by the the 21st day they are good to go. Hope this information is reassuring. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." 

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon