I seem to see more looseness in my neck now. Not so much right under my chin but where the chin meets the neck area.

Im 46 years old and just had a little pooch under the chin when i started. I have had two treatments now one month apart.. is this something that is common.. i was told that i would need 2- 3 treatments.. the area we did kybella on has less sagging but its now in the area where the neck meets the chin

Kybella results

I don't know how long ago you had your second treatment, but it takes a couple of weeks for the swelling to go down. Longer in some patients. And it will take a few months for your final results. For now, I'd advise you to be patient but if the "sagging" doesn't improve, then see your surgeon.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella results

Thank you for your question. You did not submit a photo so I cannot tell what your treatment area looked like before treatment and after treatment. I tell my Kybella patients that they can begin to see results 2 weeks post treatment however they should allow a few months for results to take its full effect. There may be some swelling still and a full tightening of the skin can take a few months.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella

I love kybella for little pouches of fat under the neck.  Not only does it dissolve the fat it seems to tighten the neck's skin as well.  There is some swelling after treatments, so one does need to be patient, it can take several months for all of the edema to go away and the skin to tighten.  However the removal of fat is permanent, and it is such a minimally invasive procedure, that it seems worth the wait to me.  Best regards, Marla Klein MD

Marla M. Klein, MD
Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella

I love kybella for looseness under the chin.  It not only permanently gets rid of the fat but also tightens the skin under the chin.  The results take a few months to appreciate but can be very dramatic and beautiful.  

Sandra M. Johnson, MD
Fort Smith Dermatologist

Kybella

There is some swelling that maybe residual at this point.  Without pictures it is a little difficult to comment further.

Looseness in the Neck

Thank you very much for your question.

Without seeing pictures (including "befores"), it is difficult to make any comments or recommendations.  I would continue to see your injector for assessments.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Sagging and chin fat

I have found a combination of Kybella and Thermage works amazingly well at tightening the skin and reducing the fat.  If you are scared of needles, the Coolmini by Coolsculpting works amazingly well.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella - post-treatment

It is difficult to answer your question without seeing photos or an in-person exam.  Kybella is typically injected down to just above the level of the thyroid notch (a portion of the cartilage that surrounds your voice box).  It may be that Kybella was not injected into that area or you could have residual swelling making that area look more prominent.  It is normal to need more than one treatment.  The number of treatments is based on how much fat you have to begin with and the eventual goal.  

Cody Koch

Cody A. Koch, MD, PhD
Des Moines Facial Plastic Surgeon