3 weeks post op, any suggestions?

Hi, I'm 3 weeks post op, I tend to sleep on my left side and notice I'm still having tightness and pain just on that side. I'm assuming it's reason why, but I'm also a hair stylist and I started lite workouts this past Monday. (Lower body) and it doesn't help that I went to a different started to have my surgery done. Help!?

3 Weeks Post Op Soreness

Using your arms vigorously for your work as well as sleeping/leaning on one side could contribute to soreness. I recommend that you ask your Plastic Surgeon to advise you about ways to make yourself more comfortable and ensure optimal healing.

All the best

Activity after surgery

I think that all of the above that you described can contribute to soreness or tightness that you are experiencing.  

One-sided tightness and pain after breast augmentation surgery

It's always good to be re-evaluated by your surgeon. I reassure my patients that regardless how they sleep or which hand they use more often, one breast is always more tender than the other off and on for about nine months, less and less each month. They may have a couple of months during these nine months with no discomfort on either side, and then all of a sudden that same side will give a zing again. It's all normal. If the discomfort lasts more than a minute and is bothersome, after the first week of surgery I recommend to them to take an anti-inflammatory. Hope this info helps. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation tightness

There are a few types of "tightness" that routinely present after breast augmentation.
1) Muscle tightness - if the implant is submuscular you may feel occasional spasms or even a dull ache and tightness
2) Skin tightness - if the implant is relatively large in comparison to the skin envelope a patient can feel that breast is "tight"
3) Position - a feeling of heaviness or tightness is very common in the first few weeks when bending over.
4) Compression of the lateral nerves until the capsule forms can cause achiness and tightness as well as paresthesias.
5)The hormonal changes associated with menses may cause the feeling.

I usually counsel time and implant massage for my patients.

Samuel Beran, MD