I want to ask your honest opinion - Do i need tummy or liposuction? (photos)

Liposuction vs Tummytuck

Liposuction is ideal for well defined areas of fat unaffected by diet and exercise. Tummytuck addresses redundant skin and fat and also tightens stretched abdominal wall muscles after pregnancy.  While your photos suggest that Liposuction may be a good option, Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to assist with your decision.

Tummy

It is difficult to tell without an exam- you appear to have little excess skin and fat for liposuction.If your muscles are bulging, then a tummy tuck may be indicated.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. 

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Not Liposuction - Modified Tummy Tuck

It doesn't appear that you have a lot of excess skin.  In your instance, the scar would probably be high and perhaps even a small vertical scar.  It appears that you would need muscle tightening as well (a typical component of a tummy tuck).  Best to see a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic surgery.

Honest opinion?

Tummy tuck all day long.  This is a no brainer imo.  Liposuction would be a huge mistake imo.  If you are not really ready for a tummy tuck, then you are better off doing nothing.  Hope this helps. Good luck.
Dr Vasisht

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck better

A tummy tuck would be more suitable for you based on your photos. You have loose skin that would only get looser with liposuction.

Do I need a tummy tuck or liposuction?

The photos show a borderline situation. It is hard to assess the skin quality and the bulging of the abdominal muscles on photographs. Therefore you need to make an appointment for a consultation to find out what you really need. 

Liposuction vs a tummy tuck

If you want a flat abdomen, you need a tummy tuck because it will tighten up your muscles. It is important for you to have an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Tummy Tuck vs Liposuction

Your profile view shows a moderate amount of abdominal distention, but only through exam can your plastic surgeon determine if that is entirely fat or separation of your abdominal muscles. If it is primarily fat and you have good skin tone then liposuction would be appropriate. Otherwise and tummy tuck would be your best choice.

Terry Zimmerman, MD
Folsom Plastic Surgeon

Lipo vs TT

Some information is very important before  giving a opinion on this.    Previous pregnancy is a important factor.   I think that you need a TT in order to have a flat belly.   Combining it with Lipo will give you a better result.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD