How I can get rid of my c section pouch? It's been almost two years, it's still not gone and hangs

How I can get rid of my c section pouch?

Greetings

Thank you for the question it is best to send photos to evaluate or visit a board certified plastic surgeon for consultation.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck for removal of C-section pouch

Most of the time a tummy tuck is needed in order to improve the changes that happen with pregnancy and C-section if they don't improve on their own. The specific approach would be based on your condition so it is not possible to make a recommendation without an in-person exam. 

Richard Baxter, MD

Without any photos it is impossible to give you some options. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Best option to fix C-section pooch

In many cases like yours, a tummy tuck/abdominoplasty is the ideal solution. Of course, without seeing you it is difficult to make a definitive recommendation. I certainly recommend you seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine your candidacy.

It is imperative that you seek the advice of a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has extensive experience in tummy tuck / abdominoplasty.

I wish you the best.

Dr. Gabbay.

Joubin Gabbay, MD

C-section pouch

It would be useful to see some photographs to give you a better indication of your options.    From your description it sounds as though you would benefit from a tummy tuck to remove the excess and hanging skin.  You should arrange a consultation with a fully qualified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Robert Drielsma, MBBS, BSc, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Without seeing you in person, impossible to give you an accurate recommendation, but you might be a great candidate for a mini-tummy tuck, full tummy tuck or liposuction with skin excision. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss your options. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

C-section pouch

Hi, there.
In-person examination or photos would be helpful to give you an accurate assessment and plan.  
Depending on your need and goal, there can be several options: skin excision, mini-tummy tuck, or full tummy tuck.
Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated in-person.
Best regards.

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

C section pouch.

Hello. Your c-section pouch can best be treated with a full tummy tuck. This procedure will allow removal of excess skin and fat as well as muscle tightening. Good luck. 

Dr. B

Carlos Burnett, MD, FACS
Westfield Plastic Surgeon

Options to correct hanging tummy tissue

Hi nooneknows01. Photos would be helpful to provide a more detailed answer. Of course,an in person assessment is necessary to be certain, but generally speaking excess skin and fat can be removed during a tummy tuck.  The abdominal wall laxity that can occur as a result of pregnancy will also be repaired to further flatten the tummy.  A small amount of excess fat may be suitable for liposuction or Coolsculpting, but if you have loose hanging skin then your results may fall short.  If you only want a small correction, the C section scar may be able to be released and excess tissue advanced and removed.  Be sure to consult with an ABPS certified Plastic surgeon so you know all of your options, downtime, expected results, etc. Good luck!

Vaishali B. Doolabh, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question. I see many patients like yourself who are very frustrated in that ,despite aggressive diet and exercise, they are not able to get rid of the lower abdominal wall “pouch”.   Often there is no alternative other than tummy tuck surgery. Liposuction, in these cases, only leaves patients disappointed.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.