I'm 4'11 weighing 201 pounds. Can I qualify for a gastric sleeve?

Hi my name is tina i am 29 yrs old, 4'11 and weigh 201, this is my highest weight since birth and i must say my depression amd self esteem has dropped. I would like to know if i qualify for a gastric sleeve or bypass. I had a tummy tuck in DR 3 yrs ago due to access skin on my stomach after having 3 C-sections at first i was some what happy with the results but now i find it harder to maintain a healthy diet. What can i do? I really wanna get the band but not sure if im eligible for it.

Am I a good candidate?

Hello dear, thanks for your question.You are a good candidate for this procedure if your BMI is over 32. At this point bariatric surgery is the best option for patients with obesity tipe 2 and 3 to lose weight. Is the option that last more, and more efficent. Some times patients do the mistake having a plastic surgery when what they need is a bariatric surgery. I suggest to make an appointment with a Board Certified for a personal evaluation. Good look.

Dominican Republic Bariatric Surgeon

Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery? (Gastric Sleeve)

Hi!With your current height and weight you have a BMI (Body mass Index) of 40 which qualifies you for weight loss surgery following the ASMBS or IFSO Criteria. You would benefit greatly for a gastric sleeve surgery without going too aggressive like with a gastric bypass. I hope this helps. warm regards, Dr. Alvarez

Guillermo Alvarez, MD
Mexico Bariatric Surgeon