I'm 8 days post Rhinoplasty. I noticed near the bottom of my nostrils are very uneven close to stitches. Is this normal? (photo)

I am 8 days post rhinoplasty. I notice that near the bottom of my nostrils are very uneven (close to stitches). It looks as if there is going to be a piece missing from my nose. I will post a photo to show more in detail. I am very nervous as I do not know if this is typical or not. Thanks in advance to all help! 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Way too soon to evaluate the result but it IS important to discuss it with your surgeon. Even if this assymmetry stays it should be easy to repair down the line.  It is also important to evaluate your preop photos to see if this assymmetry was present.  Review these with your surgeon.  Best to you

Uneven nostrils after a rhinoplasty

Generally, eight days is too soon to make a judgment on the symmetry of a rhinoplasty. Follow up with your surgeon is important and at that time you can express your concerns and hopefully, he can allay your fears. Though the nostril base (nasal sill area) looks wider on your right (the left of the photo), This may sort itself out. If it does not, a simple revision can be performed which would not entail too much of a recovery.

Randal Haworth, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty Post Op

It is always best to have your operating surgeon evaluate your nose during the postoperative period to ensure proper healing. Initially, swelling and inflammation may make things look asymmetric or uneven. Many times the skin settles as healing occurs but it is always safest to express any concerns or questions to your surgeon right away.

John G. Apostolides, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon