Is This Normal? Excruciating Pain on Right Breast After Breast Lift With Implants? (photo)

I'm a 28 yr old female, mother of four. Every time I gave birth my breast would end up more & more deflated until I found myself with deflated D's. I had breast lift and implants on July 12, 2013. To this day I have a hard time getting up because my right breast is in excruciating pain. On top of that it is still swollen. My left one feels real but it has a really weird shape. Am I panicking too soon? PLEASE HELP!

Three issues! #1- No before photos to compare the result with. #2- The pain is very unusual. #3- The shape is concerning. Best to obtain IN PERSON second opinions from boarded PSS in your city. 

Pain after breast augmentation

As others have suggested, I would not expect "excruciating pain" three weeks post surgery. You should contact your surgeon and arrange for immediate follow up. 

Best of luck.

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Pain after breast augmentation

Thanks for your inquiry and pictures. I would be seeking the opinion of your plastic surgeon as soon as possible, not the routine to have so much pain three weeks after surgery.

Pain in Breast after Mastopexy/Aug

At this point in time, your pain should be subsiding. I agree that you should get your surgeon to reevaluate you in person to determine the cause for your pain.

Concerns after Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery?

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing after breast surgery. Although it may take several months for you to see the final outcome of the procedure performed, at this point you should not be experiencing “excruciating pain”. In-person examination by your plastic surgeon will be necessary to provide you with an explanation.

Normal or not

While it is too soon to determine final shape, the fact you describe your pain as "excruciating" is concerning.  I would recommend a visit to your surgeon for evaluation of your pain.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Is This Normal? Excruciating Pain on Right Breast After Breast Lift With Implants?

It is a bit early to be concerned about the contour of the breasts. But I would not consider it normal to have excruciating pain the far out from surgery. An in person evaluation by your surgeon is in order to try to determine a cause and to correct the problem. 

All the best.