Is This Normal? 30 Days Post Breast Implant Removal? (photo)

30days post op from Breast Implant Removal due to Closed Capsulotomy. Surgeon refused to remove my scar tissue. Procedure was done without my consent, lost blood flow as well. Surgeon had to apply a paste on me that helped the blood flow, for my skin was starting to erode . My issue is I am still having some discomfort from the scar tissue that is in me and some fluid is still coming out of my incision. I have numbness where paste was applied where the scar tissue still is. Is this normal?

Difficult situation

I'm sorry you have had so much trouble. Judging from your description, I would assume you had a closed capsulotomy, and developed an implant rupture which prompted removal of your implants. If you have very thin breast tissue, it could be difficult to remove the entire capsule when removing your implants and you could develop even worse wrinkling and rippling and skin ischemic necrosis from disruption of the blood flow. If the capsule communicates with the skin at the surgical site, it could create a fistula with prolonged drainage from the breast pocket. You doctor probably had you apply nitroglycerine paste to help improve blood flow, although it isn't really proven to help. It's best to let everything heal and settle for 6 months before  any further surgery.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Is This Normal? 30 Days Post Breast Implant Removal?

I am having a great deal of difficulty understanding the course of events. If you lost blood flow with simple removal of implants, you are quite fortunate not to have had the scar tissue removed--the added trauma would most likely have resulted in frank tissue loss. Contour outcome after implant removal is more unpredictable than with any other breast surgery. This complex collection of issues will not be solved over the internet. 

If you are note satisfied with the info you are getting from your surgeon, a second opinion would be appropriate. All the best 

Concerns after Breast Implant Removal Surgery?

I am sorry to hear about the “rough road” you have traveled with breast surgery. Frankly, your description does not quite make sense to me. I would suggest, if you have concerns about the care that you have received and/or the results of surgery, you seek in person second opinion consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons. Online consultants, given your complex surgical history, will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be helpful.