Is It Normal to Have Uneven Results in Arm-pit Pad Liposculpture

I had liposcultpure on my armpit pads 4 days ago. One side looks fantastic and one looks exactly the same as before the procedure. Is this normal?

-- Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Uneven results after liposculpture

It is still way too early to assess the results of your procedure.  Asymmetry soon after liposculpture is expected and should not be a cause of concern.  Try to be patient and not inspect the areas too closely or too often.  I agree that you should follow the advice of your surgeon and give yourself time to heal.  good luck!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after Liposuction surgery?

At 4 days postop some degree of asymmetry is to be expected. Close follow-up with your surgeon will be helpful to rule out unusual causes of asymmetry (including seroma/hematoma).

Uneveness after liposcuplture

at this point it is common for there to be uneven amounts of swelling that can cause that appearance. I would massage it and give it some time and it will likely get much better.

Julio Garcia, MD

Liposuction Results

Of course, your surgeon knows your body and the procedure you had the best and they are in the best position to evaluate you post-operatively.  That being said, the areas that are treated generally swell during the first week after the procedure and start really looking good at about 1 month.  So I would be patient during this time and then follow back up at about that 1 month interval.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

If you have concerns about your results, check back with your surgeon.

If you have concerns about your results, check back with your surgeon.  There may be some healing still going on before you see the final results.  Your surgeon is the best qualified to give you and answer provided he/she is and experienced professional in the art of liposuction.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling after liposuction occurs during the 1st 4 days so don't expect much change yet.

Liposuctioned areas swell for 3-4 days and then start to go down so don't expect much change at the 4 day mark.  It will all change alot at the 1 month time and continue to get better for up to 4 months.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon