Are These Normal Scars After Vaser Lipo?

I had vaser lipo done about a year ago. When I asked about the scarring, I was told that scars would be no bigger than one millimeter and barely visible. However, my scars are about 3/4" long and are quite visible and have not changed in a year. The 2 on my back look like puncture holes. Is this Normal? Can I get rid of these or at least reduce them? Thank you for your helpv

Are These Normal Scars A Year After Vaser Lipo

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Yes, they should have diminished as you healed. But there are options to improve them. Your doctor should be able to recommend ways to improve the appearance of the scar, or, treat you with in-office services. There are also many products she or he can suggest for scar management. I suggest you schedule an appointment with your doctor to learn about the options available to best treat the #scars.

Vaser Lipo

These can be revised and should look fine after that.  They will just excise the scar, and sew the edges together.  During lipo, they usually leave them open to drain fluid.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon