I bought a GROUPON for LASIK surgery. I don't know much about the place. They seemed professional. However, I couldn't really see for about 24 hours due to the dilation of my pupils during the consult. Everyone I ask who has had LASIK says that sounds weird. That theirs only lasted up to 4 hours that most. I'm a bit afraid this means they are using cheap drops or something. Should I be worried?
Is It Normal to Have my Eyes Dilated for About 24 Hours After a LASIK Consultation?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 1
Groupon for LASIK
- The dilating drops used in a LASIK consultation can easily cause dilation of the eyes for 24 hours or more. This would be even more significant for those with blue or green eyes.
- I would be extremely cautious about Groupon deals when it comes to your eyes.
- You would never consider Groupon or the cheapest provider if you needed heart surgery.
- Quality LASIK is not cheap.
- If considering a Groupon deal, make sure that you are getting the best technology, have an experienced surgeon, and make sure that your surgeon is available to see you postoperatively if you have a problem.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.