Why don't I need to a wear a strap on the top of my breasts? (photo)

I know a lot of other people do get a strap across the top but for some reason my doctor didn't think I needed to, so I'm curious as to why. I was passed out and didn't ask him. My left breast feels just stuck and tighter than the right. The right one is more comfortable and dropped a little.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for your picture.  It appears that you are in the  early stage of your recovery. Your breasts will change dramatically over the next few months, and its not uncommon for one breast to start to settle quicker than the other. Overtime they will be closer in symmetry. The majority of physicians do not use a bra band and use breast massage to encourage the breasts to settle naturally. As always if you have questions or concerns please contact your board certified plastic surgeon.

Straps

From your photo you appear to be in a sports bra this you are probably in the early post op period. The majority of physicians do not use the bra strap apparatus and allow the breasts to settle naturally over the next 3-4 months. 
Be well
DrBurnett#realself100

Why don't I need to a wear a strap on the top of my breasts?

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your breast augmentation.  Each surgeon has their own protocols for patient care after a breast augmentation with some advocating the use of a strap to help limit the high-riding implant look, while others feel that only time and normal healing will correct this.  Speak to your surgeon about why they did not advocate a strap for you as they know the full details of your surgery.  Hope this helps.

There is no “standard” when it comes to the use of specific bras or garments after breast surgery. In other words, different plastic surgeons may have different practices when it comes to postoperative dressings/bras. Therefore, best to check with your plastic surgeon.  
For example, in my practice, patients wake up with a surgical bra in place.  This surgical bra,  although not attractive, is supportive and used for about one month after surgery (some of my patients have been known to burn the bra ASAP). Then, patients transition to a soft sports bra. Wired bras are used when breast implants have reached their “final position” and patients have full sensation along the breast skin.   Best wishes.