Is it painful when getting stitches out at post op? (Photo)

I'm a big baby and I'm just wondering if it's painful getting the stitches taken out at my post op. Can't believe they are taking them out after a week I'm scared it's not closed! Yikes!

Suture removal

Thank you for your question. No, typically suture removal is not painful. Sometimes a patient will feel a pinch or tugging but it is not painful.

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Stitiches

Removal of stitches is not as painful as having your belly button pierced. Many surgeons use dissolveable stitches and just remove the tapes.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Is it painful when getting stitches out at post op?

Thank you for your question. Removing sutures is not painful. It is sometimes uncomfortable depending on the sutures. Good Luck.

Removing stitches

Hello, no it is not painful to remove stitches, you may feel a pinch however its not painful. Usually when they are ready to be removed you wont even feel anything. 

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

In many cases of a breast augmentation your surgeon will use absorbable sutures to close your incision and you will not have any that need to be removed.  If your surgeon did use a non-absorbable suture to close your skin surface this typically is pulled out easily in the office with little discomfort.  

Removing sutures after surgery

Thank you for your question.  It isn't a painful process when getting sutures removed, however, most Plastic Surgeon's including my self, use absorbable sutures.  If they are going to be removed, you should only feel a little tugging. 

Chad Robbins, MD

Big baby!

Removing sutures is not a painful process. At most, it is the sensation of a little pinch. Most surgeons use absorbable sutures that do not require removal after breast augmentation. Talk to your surgeon. He or she will reassure you that it is not a painful process.Best Wishes,
J. Michael Morrissey, MD

Types of sutures

There are some sutures that dissolve and generally do not need to be taken out. You should ask your doctor to see which sutures were used in your surgery. If they do need to be removed, then you will not feel anything more than the slightest pinch!
Good luck!

Suture removal

Suture removal is generally not painful.  Most don't report feeling more than a "pinch", if anything at all.  Don't fret- it's a quick procedure and shouldn't be bad!

Camille Cash, MD

Painful suture removal

Typically, breast augmentation like yours does not involve placement of sutures on the skin that require removal. The sutures that are typically placed are buried under the skin and don't need removal. I'd ask your surgeon of that's the case. If sutures do need to be removed, then they typically do not hurt. Best of luck!