Is this normal 5 days post-op labiaplasty or is this a botched labiaplasty? (photo)

I have a wide semi-flat surface where my clitoris should be? I had a hood reduction but now I can't seem to find my clitoris? I'm missing the right side of my labia? I just see stitches on the right side of where my labia should be. Could my labia be missing because of swelling? And just shrunk for now and after swelling will be visible? I look completely deformed and I know it's only 5 days and healing takes time BUT I can't seem to find my labia or clitoris. Do I look normal while healing?

Labiaplasty during the first week

This early after surgery everything is swollen and looks abnormal

Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks. . It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months Firmness of tissue can remain for 4=6 months.
Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery. The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks. This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of brusing and they way in which your body heals.
Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help. Direct massage may be useful

Patients return to most normal activities immediately after surgery with the exception of activities that will create direct pressure on the #vaginalregion such as certain exercise equipment and #sexualactivity. It will be necessary to refrain from these forms of physical activity, including sex, for approximately 4-6 weeks.
Generally, patients are able to walk comfortably within a few days and can return to work within a week.

Swelling after surgery

At this time, your final results are hidden by swelling. The scars also haven't matured, yet, negatively affecting your appearance. It's best to wait a few months (4-6) before you determine if you need a revision, because at this time it's too early to tell. I always advise my patients to not look at the area for at least 1-2 weeks following surgery because the anatomy can be very distorted.

Incomplete Labia Minora

Your before pictures show and incomplete labia minora, so a very minor surgery was indicated to remove a small amount of tissue. While it is very very early in the healing process, it appears that too much tissue was removed. I would be very interested to see your current photos. The problem is that when too much tissue is removed, the reconstruction is done with clitoral hood tissue. It doesn't seem that you have much in the way of this tissue, making reconstruction difficult or close to not possible at all. Hopefully you've healed nicely and are happy and functional without any problems.

Post-op appearance after labiaplasty

These are always difficult quires to answer without a direct physical exam and so soon after surgery.  I would keep your regularly scheduled visit(s) with your operating surgeon and be sure to ask him/her as time progresses.  Should you still feel dissatisfied with the result and uncomfortable with your surgeon's answer after another 6 - 8 weeks then I would suggest seeking a second opinion from another board certified surgeon specialist in labiaplasty surgery.  Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Post-op swelling will distort at this point

and you must be patient and allow yourself to heal.  If it goes as planned, you should have the result you desire.  And if it doesn't, your surgeon should be willing to help you achieve what you want through revisions.  Know your surgeon's revision policy and and if your surgeon isn't helpful, that is what social media sites are for where you can state the facts about your care and results from your standpoint. 

Curtis Wong, MD