Hard lump on the side of my nose. Will it go down?

Hi! I did rhinoplasty 4 weeks ago and i'm a bit worried!! My surgeon shaved down bump and fixed my tip, he also made my nose straighter to fix my breathing because it was deviated. It looked great when the cast came off. What worries me now is the side of my nose, i have a bump on the right side (where he went in, had a closed rhinoplasty) next to my eye. And that same side feels less ''shaven'' down than the other. The bump feels hard, and it makes me really worried that it won't go down... :(

Rhinoplasty

It is important to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have so they can give you a physical examination. You are still early in your recovery and your nose is still healing and changing, this will continue over the course of a year to year and a half. It takes 6 months for 90% of the swelling to resolve after a rhinoplasty. During this waiting period, several treatment options can reduce the swelling. First, post-operative taping is imperative to decrease swelling and mold the shape of the nose. This can be performed for a minimum of 2 weeks with recommendations commonly for 3 months. Second, a short course of oral steroids (Medrol dose pack) can be beneficial in the early stages to decrease swelling and pain. Third, I commonly use a dilute solution of Kenalog with Marcaine to decrease swelling of the nasal tip. If after 12-18 months, you are still unhappy with your results, I would contact your surgeon or another board certified plastic surgeon for a revision.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Lump on nose after rhinoplasty

Without examining you or seeing pictures it is hard to give you a specific answer. At 4 weeks out you are still very swollen and it is too early to make any judgements regarding the persistence of this area.  You may have had a graft placed and this may be what you are feeling. Sometimes after osteotomies (bone cuts) the cut edge can be felt or a callous can form. I would follow up with your surgeon as they know exactly what maneuvers were performed and what may be going on. All the best,

Dr. Brace

Matthew Brace, MD
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty at 4 weeks

At 4 weeks you are likely still very swollen. You have to give it time to settle down. Best of luck..