Does this upper eyelid post op picture look normal? (Photo)

I feel like the Dr that did this (who is certified) didn't take the time, nor care with my eyes, I dont remember him measuring the amount to come off or even drawing precisely, more like a 'rough' line here and there etc. and now I look at my eye ilds they look like the excess skin wasn't even taken off! Any opinions on these pictures would be appreciated. Its been 3 days since surgery.

Recent eyelid surgery

You haven't even started healing yet at 3 days following surgery.  I am surprised the sutures are out yet. Give it at least 3 months and then evaluate.

Mobile Plastic Surgeon

3 days post-op

It is way too early to see the results, and your photos are very limited in view. Best of luck and be patient. 

Postblepharplasty incisions

Although your sutures have been removed 3 days after surgery you are very early in your postoperative recovery and results. Although I cannot determine it from your photos it would be unusual for all the swelling and bruising to be resolved at this time . Usually at 6 weeks most patients are well healed . Even with that it takes up to a year for your incision to be in it's final state. It is important for you to follow up with your surgeon and discuss any concerns that  you may have.

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Does this upper eyelid post op picture look normal?

For three days you look fine. All is well so continue to trust your surgeon and ask good questions on your follow up appointment. Good luck. 

Robert Graper, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

3 days post-op

It is way too early to know how you will look.  In these photos it does not look like you have much excess skin still there.  There is some asymmetry in the central part of the lid, where the sulcus on the left appears deeper.  But you need to wait longer to really assess this. 

Uneven eyes post bleph

Hello, and thank you for sharing your photos so soon after surgery. Having personally performed hundreds of these procedures over the years, I feel it is fair to say that most individuals will initially swell and appear uneven. This is VERY common for the first week post bleph. That said, it is very important to follow your surgeon's post-op instructions to be sure you heal as fast (and well) as possible. If you are still concerned after your sutures are removed, I would advise your surgeon to take pictures of your eyes on every visit to track how the result is evolving. Many times this provides evidence to the patient that the final results are not going to be uneven like the initial swelling. Best to you!

Paul Lanfranchi, DO, FAOCO
Las Vegas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too early to project final appearance

I have added a link that might be helpful...

Hi blah in dc.  Sorry that you are feeling unsure, but know that it is very early in the healing stages to know what your final appearance will be.  Since your before photos are not posted I can't say but it is possible that there are underlying differences between the right and left sides contributing to the current differences.  Of course, there is still swelling present which also doesn't happen evenly or resolve evenly on both sides.  Be sure to talk to your plastic surgeon about your concerns at your next postop visit.  Hang in there,

Assymetry

Thank you for your question.  At 3 days it is still way to early to assess symmetry.  There is still swelling that needs to subside.  Give it time.  I would discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  All the best,

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Not possible to judge eyelids 3 days post op

Thank you for sharing your question posting your photograph. It is not possible to evaluate your eyelids or consider what the final results will look like when you had the surgery only three days ago. You look just the way you should at this point. Be patient, because the end appearance will likely be fine. Good luck.