Sudden pain years after breast augmentation. What should I do?

I received 470cc saline implants under the muscle with areola incisions on 4/18/13. I healed beautifully and unless you are me you can't even tell where I was cut. But 2 weeks ago I started developing chronic pain around the incision site on both breasts. It intensifies when I lay on them or touch the incision site. Is this common and will go away with time or should I call my surgeon?

Sudden Pain Long After Surgery

It would be difficult to say what could be causing this without a physical exam. You may have an issue with the breast pockets/crease. I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon to let them know about what you are experiencing and advise you.

All the best

Breast augmentation

If there has been a recent significant change to your breasts ( which it sounds like) then you should probably see your surgeon to be evaluated.

Thank you for your question. If any change in your recovery occurs, it is best to let your #BCPS know. He may want to #evaluate you to determine the cause of your #pain and #discomfort. Best wishes!

Breasts pain

Dear Phira,
 A front and side view pictures would have been helpful.
 The answer to your question is "yes". Call your surgeon and schedule a follow up visit, so he can assess your situation.
    What you describe is very unusual in it's presentation. There is a possibility that you have developed capsule contracture. Your surgeon is the best person to make that diagnosis and take the right measures to help you.
                                            Dr Widder

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Late pain in breasts

With the history you describe, it appears to me that the pain is what we call "neurogenic" meaning it comes from nerves. It would be rare, in my opinion, to develop late nerve pains simultaneously on both sides. I would recommend you go back and see your operating plastic surgeon for examination. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS