What's the next step if my wounds won't heal? (Photo)

Need a second opinion about my wounds my Ps seems not to concern and keeps telling me things will get better but I just see them as getting worse. I'm getting so frustrated with this process i am seeing wound clinic but I'm so upset and uncomfortable. Please help

Wound after breast reduction

Very sorry to hear of your problem. This will heal, but may take a very long time. Your plastic surgeon should be seeing you regularly and may recommend surgery to assist with faster wound closure. Good luck, Dr Steve Merten, Sydney, Australia

Wounds won't heal

Dear Mslang85

So sorry to see these wounds - I have to say it can happen to any Patient and any Surgeon. That does not detract from the physical and mental anguish that you are experiencing. The right wound is worse than the left with devitalized tissue and thick slough in the base. The left too has slough in the base and some devitalized fat in the upper aspect of the wound. Honestly you will need debridement of these wounds in my opinion. You may very well need to get a second opinion. Good luck

Gideon Maresky, MD
South Africa Plastic Surgeon