What can be done to remove scarring after the mommy makeover?

What can be done to remove scaring after the mommy makeover? I don't want to be left with a big cut. How long does the mommy makeover procedure take? Will any of the surgeries affect my everyday workout routine once I'm healed?

Plenty of Options

Hello! scarring will always occur when having an incision however, the severity of the scar can depend a lot on the patient. In my practice we offer a variety of lasers to help pigmentation and smoothness of incision lines post procedure, but my number one go-to for incision lines is the Embrace scar therapy system. This system incorporates the release of tension on the incision line, fully covers and protects the incision line, and incorporates medical grade silicone gel, and it allows for an optimal result. I hope this helps and good luck with your procedure!

Bloomfield Hills Plastic Surgeon

Scar on Body -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Surgical Revision

Revision, lasers, microneedling/PRP and skin lightening can all be used to help scars.  Tattooing over the scars can sometimes help as well.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Scarring After Mommy Makeover

Scarring after any surgery is inevitable, but the key is where the scars are placed to camouflage them best. Everyone scars differently, but I usually offer patients a scar care regimen, including daily massage of scars and scar creams, to give the best chance of optimal scars. Also, most women are willing to accept the scarring after Mommy Makeover surgery knowing that they can regain their "pre-pregnancy bodies". Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Mommy makeover

The goal is to minimize the incisions as much as possible, but you will always have a permanent scar from any incision used.