Can I get laser treatments for a Brazilian while pregnant?

I'm about to start treatments but I'm also trying to get pregnant. Is this safe while pregnant?

Laser Hair Treatments While Pregnant

The risks of laser hair removal on pregnant women and their fetus are unknown. For this reason most physicians will not perform this treatment on pregnant women. The potential side effects are not worth the risk. You only have a few months to go. It is better to be safe.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Laser treatments when pregnant

It is not a good idea to get any elective treatments when pregnant. There are no studies done and there will never be studies done for laser use when pregnant. There is probably minimal to no risk but I never treat pregnant women in the office.

Steven F. Weiner, MD