I have uneven buttocks. My right side is full/fatter, my left side is smaller and less fat. It is really noticeable. (Photo)

What can I do to correct this. Or is surgery the only way to correct it.

#BBL #Brazilianbuttlift #plasticsurgery

Hello Brionna, thank you for your excellent question. I highly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and formulate a surgical plan that is tailored specifically to your health and needs. When setting up an in-person consult with a plastic surgeon look for someone who has at least one of these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol  *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle.   Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS   CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

I have uneven buttocks. My right side is full/fatter, my left side is smaller and less fat. It is really noticeable.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I recommend you lipo with bbl!!

This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most
performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order
to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It
can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin,
abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small
incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied,
it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Buttock asymmetry

just like with outer body parts, there is asymmetry. Some of this can be improved with fat augmentation, but hip height differences, bone and muscle differences can not be changed.

BBL

Thank you for your question and photograph.

You may be a candidate for a Brazilian butt lift (fat grafting to the buttocks). I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination of your body and accurately tell you if you are a good candidate or not. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely and symmetrical. I hope this helps. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon