Breast lift: Is my areola jacked? (photos)

I had a breast lift about 2 1/2 weeks (17 days) ago. The sterile strips have came off my and im noticing some oddness with my aerola. It seems to be overlapping my actual breast. If i look at it its like my breast is being sucked in under the aerola. Is this normal? Should I worry? It is only like that one side and not that it is related but it is thw side where i feel the sharp stinging sensations.

Nipple

Thanks for your question. It looks like you're just having postoperative swelling and I suspect everything will be fine one that resolves. Be patient and keep communicating with your surgeon. Good luck

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

Healing takes about 6 weeks and i wait 12 months before any scar revision.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Trouble with Areola at 2.5 Weeks Post-Op

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.

Over time, gravity will continue to have an effect and the breast skin will tend to stretch. The degree of #stretching and #sagging varies between women: generally, women with smaller breasts experience less recurring sagging. If sagging does occur, further excision of the skin on an outpatient basis can be used to correct the problem. Heavy and large breasts may lead to recurrent sagging and may require the removal of a small amount of breast tissue to achieve an optimal shape and size. One key to a satisfying result is realistic expectations.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem. The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”. These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

With the stretching and shaping that occur during healing it is always best to visit your surgeon with questions and concerns during this period. Good luck.

Post operative nipple

Thank you for your question . You are very early in your postoperative healing. . Some swelling is normal . Give your body sometime to heal . Talk to your plastic surgeon about your concerns . 

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Areola post breastlift

Hello!

It is very early and the nipple areola is likely quite swollen from surgery. You need to allow time for results to settle: early results about 4 months, and more complete results at one year. Continued taping may help. I would recommend you bring up your concerns with your plastic surgeon to understand normal healing after breastlift.

Good luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Let them heal

Right now you are likely pretty swollen and this can contribute to what you see. More than likely this will improve with time. If you have concerns, review with your surgeon.

Time

you are very fresh post-op, things are still swollen and that is why your areola's look like this. With time things will decrease in size and settle/smooth out, just takes time.