3 months post op Tummy Tuck, unhappy. Any suggestions?

I had a tummy tuck procedure done 3 months ago. I am very happy with it but not happy with how my body frame looks. I lost 80 pounds few years ago and I hold my fat on upper part of my body. But not saying that my weight is a lot on my upper part. So you can imagine now with tummy tuck my frame is a V-frame. I don't have curves and would like curvy body. My question to you is with what procedure can that be fix.

3 months post op Tummy Tuck, unhappy.

Congratulations on your weight loss and having undergone a step to get your body back to where you want it.  Fat in the upper part of the body is not traditionally addressed with a tummy tuck.  Additional procedures are often needed in someone who last lost a large amount of weight in order to re-proportion the body.  Liposuction or a breast procedure may be recommended.  Best to have an in person evaluation. Congrats again on your weight loss and best of luck. 

Thank you for your question. #Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. At six months, review your #recovery with your PS and discuss any questions or concerns with him. There may be other options, but it is difficult to determine without photos. Best wishes!

3 Months post op Tummy Tuck unhappy. Any Suggestions?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry your results have not been what you anticipated.  Nothing replaces an in-person examination or a full series of photographs, but once you are fully healed (6-12 months) voice your concerns to your surgeon.  They will be able to offer you options to improve your bodily curves, whether through additional liposuction or breast work.  

Thank you for your question. There maybe a number of options but without a photo or and exam it is hard to say. Massive weight loss patients are not you typical tummy tuck patients and their needs do differ from standard TT patients. More and more I find myself talking to patients who want a TT about the areas around the abdomen.these include the flanks, hips, upper and lower back.  Even the best TT can leave patients disappointed when they look in the mirror if the flanks, hips and waist are not addressed with contouring. Let me know if I can help 

John Mancoll, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (3 months post-po) the swelling is normal..
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
If the after six months post-op, I recommend you send us your photos, to give you more information about how we can solve this problem.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emma Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Need more curves post tummy

Without seeing post op photos it is kind of hard to make a recommendation but one thing we can do today is to do autologous fat grafting ie take from one part of the body and add it to another.so that may be a consideration.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

V-frame body,Tummy Tuck, unhappy

The V frame body also known as the "cone shape" has shoulders measuring at least two inches more than the hips. This body shape is usually bigger up top and smaller on the bottom. The goal for this body shape is to build up the lower body to even out the body shape.
Genetics is very important , sometimes it is very difficult to modify. Some surgical procedures can improve your shape . for example liposuction of the back and sides of the thorax .As well as Fat transfer to the hips and buttocks. to increase the diameter of the lower body. Some exercises help sculpt as well for achieving the best results .

Sergio Alvarez, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon