What would a 5.8 185 pound person look like if she decided to get liposuction and lose 45 pounds? (photo)

I am 5.8 rectangular build with big meaty bones. I would say I have probably about 50 pounds in fat, the rest is bones and my boobs. Waist is 45 inches, lower calves have no fat and are 18 inches bone. I wear a 42D bra because half of it is my back bones. I would like to lose 45 pound in various regions. Right now I would say I have 10 pounds of fat in love handles and about 15 pounds in my arms and about 20 in my upper thighs. Please send similar pic of your treatment. Thanks.

Predict outcome of weight loss and liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • I am so sorry but one can't predict the future based on a photo and measurements.
  • But I can tell you that if you lose 35 pounds, have liposuction of the remaining fat and lose another 10 pounds, 
  • And if the work is done by a plastic surgeon -
  • You will have the best possible shape for your body.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring -- FEMALE HI DEF CONTOURING

I suggest you see a VASER 4D contouring expert for treatment and a formal evaluation.  you not only want fat reduction but skin tightening and cellulite reduction.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction and weight loss

If you plan on losing weight, then I suggest you do that first, and then consider liposuction for stubborn areas.

A common misconception is that liposuction is large weight loss

Liposuction is not intended primarily for large amounts of weight loss.  In fact it is only safe to remove 5 or 6 liters of fat at any given operation.  This amounts to about 10 pounds of weight loss.  Many prospective patients come in asking to take off 30 or 40lbs of fat and this is simply not safe.  The fluid shifts and physiologic implant of taking off more than 6 liters of fat could be hazardous and even kill a patient.  Thus, surgeons need to be safe.  Diet and exercise is paramount and then once you get as close as you can to your goal weight we can help with problem areas.  Sometimes I am told "well if I could lose it on my own I wouldn't be here asking for help" and while I understand this there is only so much liposuction can safely do.  Other surgical procedures such as lap bands, gastric sleeves, etc are solutions for larger amounts of fat loss.  Good luck!

Candidate for liposuction

It would appear that you are a reasonable candidate for liposuction. Here is some helpful information about Lipostuction: If you have excessive subcutaneous fat, which is resistant to diet and exercise.
If you wish to change the contours of your body. Commonly involved areas are the anterior part of the neck (under the chin), upper arms and armpits, male chest/breasts, trunk abdomen, waist, hips, thighs, inner knees, calves, and ankles.
Most patients are near normal weight and desire permanent contour changes. Patients with average weight, localized fat collections, and healthy elastic skin are the best candidates for liposuction. Obesity, cellulite, or loose, sagging, and inelastic skin are several conditions which may tend towards less desirable results. In fact, these problems may be worsened by liposuction. Unfortunately, many individuals performing liposuction are not trained in other techniques of body contouring and may not have the experience to recognize that a different procedure (such as a tummy tuck) may provide a better result for the patient. Suction Assisted Lipectomy (SAL) may be used in conjunction with other body contouring procedures, such as breast reduction, tummy tuck, thigh lift, or facelift.