Implants without a lift? (Photo)

I'm considering implants without a lift because I don't want the scars that the lift leaves. I would like opinions on whether you think I definitely need a lift or if having implants only without the lift will leave me droopy. And if I do need a lift, would a Benelli lift work for me?

Implants without a lift?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, you really would need a lift with or without an implant.  There really is no way to get the appropriate position and contour of the breast without a lift.  Fortunately, these scars fade very nicely and patients are not really bothered by them.  I think you would be pleasantly surprised. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for a thourough consultation.

Breast implants cannot lift breasts

Thank you for your question and photos.
I'm afraid breast implants alone will not and cannot give you the results you are seeking. You need a breast lift. Take a look at the video below to see what can now be achieved with current breast lifting techniques without the vertical scar or the extra expense, risks and complications associated with breast implants. You have enough breast tissue to create upper pole fullness without implants.
Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implants Without a Lift

Getting #BreastImplants without a #BreastLift is usually said to be mistake by many patients who reflect back on the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.
Also, an implant with lift may be useful to re-position the nipples which may have been affected by ptosis or drooping. One of the primary intentions of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis). The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired.

Lollipop Lift

The scars really fade nicely. Implants alone will not work properly and will give you drooping of the breast off the edge of the implant (for unders) or just more drooping of the breast (for overs). I don't like a benelli lift except to just reduce the nipple size. It flattens the breast and requires all the work to be done just with a suture instead of the breast tissue. Find a doctor who will show you his or her scars for a lollipop lift. You would benefit from a little breast reduction too. A reduction-augmentation. Not common to find doctors who do this type of surgery! Sometimes they will stage the surgeries (reduction/lift first, then implants). That's a fine and conservative approach, and I respect any doctor who recommends this to you. 

Mastopexy / Augmentation

Good afternoon!

Given that you do have some sagging and that your nipple position is low, I think you will be much much happier with your results if you do at the very least a donut mastopexy along with submuscular implants!

I have attached a link to my Breast Augmentation / Breast Lift photo gallery for your review- hope it helps!

Implants without a lift?

Thanks for reaching out.  The short answer is no.  Because of the degree of sagging that you have (ptosis) the final shape of your breast with an implant alone will not be ideal.  The final shape of your breast after a lift will far outweigh the scarring that will be required.  Almost all patients are so happy with their breast shape that scarring is never a question.  

I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Implants without a lift?

You do not appear to be a candidate for implants alone as you have ptosis ( sagging of the breast). In my opinion - in order to achieve the best looking breasts in your case- it would require mastopexy. If you desire increase in volume- then smaller implants can be placed sub-muscular at the same time as mastopexy. In my opinion, Benelli lift is not going to do anything in this case.

Lift with or without implants

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift with augmentation such as silicone implants, you will get very nice results, contact a board certified plastic surgeon, I recommend you soft cohesive silicone implants about 350 cc's you will look pretty and they will be perky.

Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".

Implants alone will correct drooping when:
  1. Breast drooping is mild
  2. The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
  3. There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger
A breast lift (with or without an implant) is better when:
  1. Breast drooping is moderate or severe
  2. The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
  3. There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is already a C or D cup breast size and doesn't want to be larger
  5. The areola is too large and the patient wants it reduced
I also show the patient photographs of a spectrum of breast scar present after a breast lift in order to check their tolerance for this scar. Most patients are surprised how little the scar shows and are okay with proceeding. If the patient really needs a breast lift, but is concerned about the scars, I will suggest they wait on surgery. In time the breast appearance problems will usually outweigh their concern about the scars.

I use implants in combination with a lift when:
  1. The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
  2. The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
  3. The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD