Can Restylane help with cleft lip and nose scars and to provide symmetry? (photos)

Cleft Lip

I do not believe that fillers can correct this problem.  I would consult a specialist in cleft lip surgery for the best cosmetic advice.  Best, Dr. Green

Cleft lip treatment

Scar revision would be your best option for the treatment of your cleft lip. The elevation seen is most obvious and correction of such would result in the most significant improvement. I do not think that it is possible to lower that elevation using fillers alone, although an examination is necessary to determine exactly how much scar tissue is present.

For the nose, fillers certainly can fill in the defect present.

Robert S. Bader, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip fillers for cleft lip symmetry

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photos. Physical exam would further help to determine how much scar tissue you have in your class flip scars. Based on this, I would be recommending a combination of lip fillers if it's feasible, or a scar revision.  

For sure.

My office does fillers for scar situations often.  My physician assistant, Rob Lucas, M.P.A.S., P.A.-C. is a master injector.  I direct all such patients to him and he does a great job.  Cleft lip, lip or facial trauma, even defects from rhinoplasty are all treatable with todays fillers.  Restylane and Juvederm are good choices.  They are workable, moldable materials that can be dissolved if you don't like the result.  But you will, as long as the injector is like Rob: experienced and talented.

Ritu Chopra, MD