Non Surgical Nose Job Dermal Filler Used?

I have a schnoz issue that I want fixed...but I don't want surgery because I hate being put under. It really freaks me out. I am thinking about having a non surgical nose job, but I am wondering what type of dermal filler is normally used for this. Do most doctors use the same fillers or does it vary? What are the options?

Thanks much!

Non-surgical rhinoplasty via injectable filler

First, be very careful with any injections into the nose. The nose is very susceptible to color changes, discoloration, swelling, blood flow, pain, numbness, and other potential complications with inappropriate injections into the nose.

There isn't a filler on the market currently that is FDA approved for injection into the nose. Everything is being used off-label. Fillers should never be placed into the tip of the nose. Complications usually occur at the nasal tip. Fillers should only placed in the bridge to help smooth contour irregularities and augmentation. Fillers which have been used for nonsurgical rhinoplasty include Radiesse and hyaluronic acids.

Depending on the anatomy of your nose and your desires, I suggest first speaking with a rhinoplasty surgeon who can use computer imaging to simulate rhinoplasty. You'll be able to visualize in real time what possibilities are available with rhinoplasty.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane, Juvederm, and Artefill are very effective for Non-surgical Rhinoplasty

I use Restylane or Juvederm for most initial Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatments.  They may be placed in the dorsum to augment the bridge or camouflage a bump,  They may also help lift a droopy tip.  I find that they actually last longer in the nose than Radiesse, although Radiesse lasts longer in other places in the face.

I am also using Artefill, a permanent filler for some Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatments.  It gives a very natural and pleasant result and is very safe.  It is a 3rd -generation material and has undergone rigorous testing to be FDA approved in the face.  Like with Restylane and Juvederm, non-surgical rhinoplasty is an off-label treatment for ArteFill. 

Patients should make certain to go to a doctor with a lot of experience in this treatment.

For more info on Non Surgical Rhinoplasty, please click the link below.

David C. Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Start with Juvederm or Restylane

Juvederm or Restylane are the best ways to start for a non-surgical nose job.  The product can be smoothed out with massage or pressure, or they can be reversed with hyaluronidase injections.
If the results are pleasing, a longer lasting filler such as Juvederm Voluma may be used.
Radiesse is also lasts, but can't be reversed.  Bellafil is a permanent filler that persists, but can't be reversed and it does not go away.

Fillers used for non-surgical rhinoplasty

The two main fillers that I use are Juvederm Ultra Plus and Radiesse.  The advantage of Juvederm is that if you do not like the results, it is possible to give another injection to melt it away.  However, the vast majority of people love the results.  Radiesse is great because it lasts longer and has a bit more structure to it which gives more support.  So, if it is your first time, I would suggest Juvederm and then if you like the results, switch to Radiesse.  I hope this is helpful.

David Shafer, MD

Tissue fillers vary in the nose.

And the decision is based on the length of time needed. Most surgeons start with either Restylane or Juvederm. They last about 6 months. If the result is good and the patient wants to continue, then Radiesse can be selected as it lasts longer, a year or two.

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

Radiesse, Juvederm, and Restylane are the three most widely used products for non surgical rhinoplasty.  Juvederm is the easiest to remove if there is any uncertainty. In experienced hands, the non surgical rhinoplasty procedure can help change the shape of the bridge of the nose, alter the tip projection, or improve a small or indentation of the nose.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Fillers for Rhinoplasty

I strongly advise against the use of fillers rather than surgery. The results will be temporary, and at best compromised. You say you hate "being put under". Before you do fillers, please have consultations where you can discuss the many different anesthetic techniques which are available.

Dermal Fillers for non-surgical rhinoplasty

There are no standard fillers that are routinely used exclusively for the non-surgical rhinoplasty.

Ever since fillers have been available, people have used these products for accomplishing correction of the nasal appearance and include:

• Zyplast
  • Zyderm
  • Silicone
  • Radiesse
  • Restylane
  • Juvederm
  • Prevelle silk
  • Perlane
  • Captique
  • Hylaform
  • Autogenous fat
  • Fascian
  • Isolagen
  • Etc.

It's important to understand that the vast majority of these are being used in an off-label fashion.

Filler for Nonsurgical nose job

The type of filler used depends on many factors.  Different fillers are used for different skin types, for previously operated noses, and different types of deformities.  

Creating a bridge for someone is different than filling in a defect from a surgery or injury.  Thicker skin usually requires a more robust filler than someone with thinner skin.  

The best way to know what's right for you is to see a surgeon that understands the nose and performs rhinoplasty.  Next, let them judge the type of anatomy you have and make a recommedation for the type of filler.  Lastly, make them explain why.  If they only carry one filler in their office, then of course, that's the filler you'll get.  You want to see someone that carries all of the fillers in their office. 

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Injectable Filler Options for a Non Surgical Nose Job

A non-surgical nose job is typically performed by injecting a hyaluronic acid filler (hyaluronic acid is very safe and is a substance already found in our bodies). Common hyaluronic acid injectable fillers include Juvederm, Restylane and Teosyal Global products. This method is definitely less expensive than a rhinoplasty. The results should last between 9-12months, depending on how quickly your body metabolizes the product. You will need to continue to re-inject the nose along those timelines to maintain your look, however, it is a great option for some people who do not want surgery and who have the desire for the aesthetic look that an injectable filler in the nose can create.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon