When treated with Sculptsure, how does the fat expel from the body and how long do results last?

Sculpsure, Coolsculpting, Vanquish

Sculpsure is a noninvasive laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician.
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

SculpSure destroys fat cells

We are all born with a finite number of fat cells in our body.  When we gain or loose weight these cells become larger or smaller.  If those cells are removed or destroyed they are gone FOREVER.  This is how we contour the body with liposuction, tummy tucks or SculpSure.  SculpSure uses a laser to target and destroy the fat cells, our body's defense/immune system is very sophisticated and is able to remove dead cells quickly.  In fact our body removes millions of cells daily from our skin, stomach, bowel, etc.  So, the bottom line is that the result is permanent from SculpSure.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Takes time

The fat cells, called adipocytes are damaged by the laser. Your body via inflammation will clear away the dead fat cells and any lipid in the cell.  Your body metabolizes the injured fatty tissue.  The cells that are destroyed are always gone .  Other fatty areas will increase with weight gain.  Dieting during the recovery period makes your body more likely to remove the damaged fat cells that were injured with the laser.

Sculpsure Results

Thank you for your question. The laser disrupts the fat cells causing an inflammatory response by your body. During the next 6 weeks your body will metabolize and excrete these damaged cells with the fat. Therefore, the results are permanent. 

Timing after SculpSure #Sculpsure #noninvasive #liposuction

Thank you for your question. Some patients report seeing results as early as 3 weeks after their treatment - based on clinical studies, most patients begin to see results 6 weeks after treatment with maximal effects up at up to 3 months. It is important to drink plenty of fluids after your treatment, and to perform a light massage to the area - this helps the fat that is lysed or destroyed to be removed via your lymphatic system. Because it takes time for the fat to be eliminated by your body's system, this helps to ensure that the amount of potential skin laxity after treatment is minimized. The treatment is fast (25 minutes!), painless, and works - it can be targeted to specific areas, and multiple areas can be treated during a single session. If you are interested in learning more, I suggest meeting with a Plastic Surgeon for an in-person consultation. Some patients aren't good candidates - but most are. Best of luck! 

How long for the results after Sculpsure treatment?

Thanks for your question! Sculpsure is the first and only approved FDA device for non-invasive body contouring using laser.  Ideal patients have focused areas of fat and good skin quality. Treatments take only 25 minutes and have minimal downtime. Some patients see results as soon as 3 weeks, but most see improvement at 6 weeks. Some patients will require 2 treatments and these should be done 2 months apart. Patients typically see their final results 3 months after their treatment. Sculpsure destroys approximately 20-25% of the stubborn fat. This broken down fat is then removed by our bodies normal metabolic and excretion systems. I recommend finding a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation to determine your best and safest option. I hope this helps and I wish you all the best.

Upto 3 months... but....

The results from SculpSure can be seen as early as 6 weeks (in my experience as early as 4 weeks, however Cynosure- the maker of Sculpsure says 6). Maximal clearance is at 3 months. What is good about this, is that at the 4-5 week mark you will notice a gradual but measurable decrease in the treated areas.

Sculpsure, much like Coolsculpting permanently destroys fat cells, so the results are permanent. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 
FIORI INSTITUTE

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

When treated with Sculpsure how does the body expel the fat and is it permanent

The laser causes an inflammatory response with in the fat cells.  As these cells die off your body will metabolize them through you lymphatic system it important to drink plenty of water during this process.  And it is permanent.

Timothy Fee, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure process

Thank you for your question. The hyperthermic laser used in the SculpSure procedure, heats the fat cells which cause them to detach from your inner tissues. Once they’ve been detached, the body considers them unnecessary tissue and will filter them through your body just as they would any other loose tissue or particles. The fat will dissipate naturally. Typically most of our patients only require one treatment of SculpSure and results will continue to show between 6-12 weeks after treatment.

Bruce E. Katz, MD