Steri strips; I have a strap helping them drop/push them down, how long will I possibly be in that?

I am 9 days post op from my brest lift and silicone implants. The lift was just around areola and implants were placed under the muscle using under the breast incision. I still have the stithes in and the surgi strips (tape) on the areas. They are healing (and itching) is this a normal time to keep them in till day 13. I was seen days 1, 4, &6 post op. Also I have a strap helping them drop/push them donw, how long will I possibly be in that?! Thanks!

Post operative instructions

Your surgeon is in the best position to advise you about your individual recovery.  In my practice, sutures are removed one week after surgery but the stern strips remain in place for several weeks.  Only your surgeon can answer your questions based on his individual surgical approach and post operative guidelines.

Steri strips after breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question.  I recommend my patients leave the steri-strips in place for the first 3 weeks and then remove the tape and begin using a silicone scar sheet or cream.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Steri Strips and Strap

I usually leave the paper tape or Steri strips on for a couple of weeks, when possible.  If my patient is itching or burning from them, they are removed.  The breast band is based on how you are healing.  Your surgeon will make that decision.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD