What size implant would you recommend to achieve a C/D cup? (Photo)

I have a 27" ribcage and 31" across my breasts, 95 pounds 5'3" tall. I wear 30C push up bras so not so sure of my real size. I would like a big, full, natural look; but nothing huge. I read 150cc is approx 1 cup size difference, so I was thinking anywhere from 250cc-325cc, but I feel like the 325cc would be too much look unnatural on me. I'm also concerned if I have enough breast tissue so you wouldn't be able to feel the implant?

Natural breast augmentation - silicone shaped implants

Thank you for your question and posting appropriate photos. You seem to be a very good candidate for brest augmentation. For patients who desire a very natural augmentation I often recommend shaped silicone implants. You would need to have a consultation and preferably undergo Vectra 3-D imaging for precise recommendations.

Breast implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  Frankly, without an in-person evaluation, it is nearly impossible to tell you what would be best for you. Please be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon who is an expert in the breast augmentation procedure and ask to "try on" the implants to get a good idea of what would be best for you.  You could achieve a nice result that meets your expectations by going with a silicone implant using the dual-plane method which tends to produce a more natural-looking and feeling result.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Best One Cup Bigger Implant Size

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “b” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below:
#OneCupBiggerImplantSize

Picking The Right Implant

Perhaps the biggest unknown in breast augmentation is how to get the proper implant shape and size. Sometimes, the correct volume implant will still be wrong because the projection, width or overall shape does not fit the patients anatomy.

Proper sizing requires effort on the part of the patient and doctor.

1Patients should get photographs of their desired outcomes. They should also perform the Rice Test (see below) at home to be certain that they are in the right ballpark for volume (but not shape - that is left to the surgeons exam and discussion).
2Physicians should spend time to discuss all options with the patient. The exam should also establish the basic anatomical requirements for the implant and procedure. For example, is the patient asymmetrical, is there sagging, are the breast tuberous, is the chest wall narrow or wide?
If the communication between the patient and doctor is lacking, then seek out a more proactive physician.

Rice Test -
1Get a pair of disposable pantyhose, rice and a metric measuring cup (ml's=cc's).
2Pour the desired volume of rice into each pantyhose leg. Cut off the extra material and tie the pantyhose in a knot so that the rice is secure.
3Put each bag of rice in your bra to determine if this is the desired volume enhancement. If the volume is too much or too little, untie the knot and adjust the volume of rice accordingly. Repeat this process until your are happy with the volume of rice - at this point, pour the rice from each bag separately into the measuring cup and record the volume in ml's. Remember to record each breast separately because of the asymmetry you may have.
4The ultimate volume will be about 10% higher than the volume of rice measured.
If you have any further questions, please refer to my book "Cosmetic Breast Surgery - A Complete Guide From A to Double D".

Robert M. Freund, MD

Breasts implants size

Dear J,
  Thanks for submitting your pictures. From observing your pictures you appear to have  perky,  small A cup size with wide cleavage.
     You can not generalized , that 150 cc is one cup size, because it depends on the chest circumference in inches. In my over 28 years experience , 150 cc is one cup size for chest circumference of 34 inches. For 32 inches - 125 cc. So if you want to be 32 full C cup (C/D) , you will need implants with volume of  375 cc.
  The best approach will be creating sub muscular pocket (for better coverage of implants) through sub areola incision which will enable the surgeon to create the nicest cleavage under direct vision and digital feel. Similarly will occur with the creation of the fold and assuring a thick layer of tissue at the lower pole of the breasts , for better implants coverage.
  Not all results are the same, because experience and skills are critical for good outcome. So do your due diligence and choose wisely.
   Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive. Pay special attention to the cleavage area, the symmetry , the perkiness and the natural look.
                                            Dr Widder

Consultation

Thank you for the question and photos.  It would be hard to tell you what implant size you will need to achieve a certain size without an in-person examination.  Many factors are taken into account when it comes to the size of implants like breast tissue, body measurements, and the like.  Best to go to a board-certified plastic surgeon and get his or her advice on the matter.  Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Breast implant size

Breast implant size and bra size has little correlation. The final breast volume after surgery depends on the volume of the breast and the added volume of the implant. There are a number of different methods used by plastic surgeons to help you decide the appropriate size of implant. What's important is consulting with an experienced and fully accredited surgeon. 

Rizwan Alvi, MBBS, FRCS
Liverpool Plastic Surgeon

Seeking a Full yet Natural Look

Thanks for your questions and sharing your photos and size details.

You're absolutely correct on one cup size increase with about 150-180 cc increase. The smaller the cup size to begin with, the less volume for a cup increase. By a "30C push up bra", I believe you are referring to an underwire bra with padding. Some manufacturers have smaller sizing.
Without question you need a thorough consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Even though it is quite difficult to determine with your limited photos and measurements, I would recommend a subpectoral placement, small diameter (high profile) smooth silicone gel implant that approximates your measured base diameter. It looks like an implant somewhere between 265 - 300cc would give you a "Full yet Natural" look and about a 1 1/2 to 2 cup bra size increase.

Barring the development of capsular contracture and with a subpectoral placement of a silicone implant, I would say your implant would be not clearly visible and not readily "felt".

All these concerns are excellent questions that you should share with your plastic surgeon.  Best of luck to you!

James Matas, MD

Implant Size

It is best to visit a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation to determine the most suitable size based on your measurements and desired results.  The surgeon will take a series of measurements and provide a range of sizes that could safely be placed in your body.  Based on that range, you will get to choose the size that you feel most comfortable with.  It is also helpful to bring a variety of pictures to your consultation—pictures of breasts that are too large, too small, and just right.  This allows the surgeon to fully understand your desired outcome.  Real Self and Love Your Look have helpful online galleries.

What size implants

The sizing up breast implants is best done in person using the Vectra 3-D imaging station and/or mentor shell sizing system. Using the native breast base width, a choice of implants with varying degrees of projection as well as shapes are open for your selection. I would recommend that you get with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your location to discuss. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS