What is the problem with exercising too soon?

I am 3.5 weeks post op. When can I start doing more then cycling on the street and walking. Can I do Zumba, kick boxing, spin, run? (With elevated heart rate?) I had lipo of my flanks and abdomin and breast lift with silicone implants 3.5 weeks ago (Thursday will be 4 weeks). What issues could insue when I start heavy cardio again?

Return to Exercising

Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period.  There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences.   Sensation will be abnormal.  Scars will be changing. If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined.

To get the best answer as to the availability to return to full activity including exercise would be best answered by your surgeon who knows all the details of your procedure and case. This follow-up would help determine how far along you are in healing and if you are ready to return to full exercise. Good luck.