Will a Perineoplasty Make my Vagina Look Better? (photo)

I had a botched labiaplasty, my labia were completely removed. This is me now 11 months after a reconstruction surgery. My issue is the bottom part which skin protrudes a little and was wondering if a perneoplasty would make a difference for me?

Laser Reduction Labiaplasty of the Labia Majora via Extension of the Perineoplasty

Thank you for your time. What I recommend to you is the procedure Laser Reduction Labiaplasty of the Labia Majora via Extension of the Perineoplasty. Laser Reduction Labiaplasty (LRL) of the Labia Majora via Extension of the Perineoplasty is the most common labia majora Female Genital Cosmetic Surgery procedure. Many women seek LRL because they want to improve the appearance of the perineum and restore a more youthful appearance.

This Designer Laser Vaginoplasty® (DLV®) technique results in gentle precision cutting with controlled accuracy that result in relatively bloodless surgery. DLV® pioneered techniques result in rapid healing and resumption of daily activities in a short period of time.

Typically performed on an outpatient basis under local with pudendal block (nerve block to numb the entire vagina and vulva), IV sedation with pudendal, twilight with pudendal, epidural, and general anesthesia, Laser Reduction Labiaplasty of the Labia Majora via Extension of the Perineoplasty can last between 15 to 30 minutes depending on the extent of the labia majora relaxation.

Not Satisfied with Labiaplasty Results

#Revison surgery for #labiaplasty may be requested to remove more tissue: make the labia more even,correct over reductions; treat adhesions between parts of the vulva; improve the appearance of color, texture, and scars after previous treatment. Revisions are generally possible but, as with other surgeries, revision becomes more difficult than the initial first operation. These should be performed by a surgeon experienced with cosmetic female genital surgery.You should wait at least 6 months for the initial surgery to resolve. Tissues need to heal and soften before they are re-operated upon.

If you have certain concerns about the #healing process, it is recommended to call your board-certified surgeon or their medical staff and discuss those #concerns.

Perineoplasty after botched labiaplasty

I looked at your photos.  You appear to have a good result from your reconstruction.  If you desire, a small reduction of your bottom labia can be performed

Dr. Gary Alter

Gary J. Alter, MD

Reconstructed labia following 'botched' labiaplasty

Your story is heartbreaking and I hope your original surgeon learned a life lesson here and is no longer doing this procedure.  Your current condition is beyond anything I could have imagined after reading about your story and seeing your initial result and where you are today.  The male posters are very accurate in their analysis and at this point, you should simply enjoy what you have, be grateful it isn't worse, and enjoy your life ahead of you.  I thought the bantering about who was best was somewhat entertaining but you CA doctor did a great job with your reconstruction.

Curtis Wong, MD

Definate Progress After Labiaplasty Reconstruction

Thank you for your question. You have had very good improvement from your reconstruction after labiaplasty. It is probably a good idea not to pursue additional surgery given your experience and the aesthetic result that you now have. Bes wishes.

Perineoplasty after botched labiaplasty

I am sorry to hear your story and agree with my colleague that your reconstructive procedure seems to have gone well.That being said you probably could have some of the posterior tissue at the base of the vagina removed to improve the appearance (this can be done under local anesthesia without much trouble). A perineoplasty/vaginoplasty will tighten the vaginal introitus (opening). Depending on your situation you may or may not want to have this done. I typically perform an introitusplasty/vaginoplasty on patients who have had multiple vaginal childbirths (with or without epesiotomy). This serves to tighten the vaginal opening specifically for the goal of increasing sexual satisfaction. I hope this helps.

All my best,

Daniel A. Medalie, MD

Would A Perneoplasty Make Your Vagina Look Better?

Dear Jessica, I am so sorry that you had a botched labiaplasty followed by what appears to be a very good reconstruction.  No one can blame you, after the unfortunate surgical misadventure you were forced to suffer through, for wanting perfection.  Here is one of those uncomfortable situations where perfect is definitely the enemy of good. 

The protruding skin at the caudal aspect of your vaginal introitus (vaginal opening) may be necessary to keep vaginal fluids from leaking out of your vagina.  The reconstructed lips (labia minora) appear somewhat separated, and if you removed the redundant tissue at the caudal end of your vagina, you may lose the necessary internal fluids and end up with chronic irritation from a dried out vaginal vault. 

Perineum tune-up after labiaplasty revision

You can certainly have the excess skin in the center reduced or removed with a small revision. It would be an overstatement to call it a perineoplasty which is a term for a skin and muscle approximation which would narrow the introitus further and doesn't appear to be what you want.