What will I need to do to my nose to achieve a more aesthetically pleasing Fave?

I want to get a rhinoplasty but I want my nose slim and a different end tip. I don't know what would be recommended but my biggest fear is for there to be not much of a difference. Can you also tell me what needs to be done to my nose for it to be more aesthetically pleasing ??

Rhinoplasty that looks natural...

Your fear is common among almost everyone who undergoes rhinoplasty surgery. A highly skilled rhinoplasty surgeon should be able to make the improvements you want while keeping it looking totally natural. Be sure to go on a couple of consultations and look at a lot of photos. The surgeon should specialize in rhinoplasty and you should be able to see photos of a lot of different results, indicating that the surgeon tries to do what the patient requests.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip and Alae

You will need a tip plasty to better define the tip and alarplasty to reduce the size of the nostrils. The side profile is very good. Your comments did not make it clear if you DO NOT want to see a big change or you DO.I always strive to make a change that patient and I can both notice but other people don't.RegardsDr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Several things can be offered as well as a rhinoplasty. Fillers might be reasonable as well. Best to be seen in person.

How To Slim the Nose

Hi and thanks for your question and photos.  The good news is that I don't think that you need too much done to have a very pretty nose.  Your nose is on the wide side, so narrowing the bridge, tip and nostrils would make sense.  The best way to communicate is with computer imaging to show you on your nose what the changes would look like.  Also, looking at before and after photos of other patients with similar noses is very helpful to show you what can be achieved.  I would be happy to see you for a consultation to show you what I mean.  I am located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, so I am not too far away from you.  Thanks.  Dr. Pontell

What will I need to do to my nose to achieve a more aesthetically pleasing appearance?

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thanks for submitting your photos. Based on them you are a good candidate for Rhinoplasty surgery.You will benefit from a nasal tip plasty as you have a nasal tip depression and an alar flaring. For a slim nose I would advise to you an osteotomy for your nasal bone. 

Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Definitely Tiplasty

Dear Patient, first of all thank you very much for the question. Definitely you do not need to have a Rhinoplasty since you do have a perfect from of Nose Bridge. Talking regarding your nose tip, usual Tiplasty can make a perfect shape of it which as I understood will be exactly the result you require. This kind of operation does not need any improvement around your bone, everything will be done around your Nose Cartilage. Very short and easy surgery, you may have some swelling for 2-3 weeks. Ask your surgeon to model your Nose using last technological equipment so you will be sure for the result you have. Good luck and greetings from Istanbul, TT.

Tunc Tiryaki, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from decreasing the width of your alar base.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.  Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD